Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Defenders 2 into 1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011 | 05:41 AM
alauhog
|
Advanced
Default Patriot Defenders 2 into 1 Exhaust

Has anybody tried these pipes?
Are they all what they say they are?
Also if I remap the fuel system will it make a difference when running in the closed position?

Old 06-17-2011 | 09:28 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Yep, been running them since last year. Great pipes, great quality, great price. My only complaint, they are a bear to get on/off since they are 1 piece all welded.

Old 06-17-2011 | 10:53 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Here is a link to a previous thread with a you tube vid of them.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...s-exhaust.html

Old 06-17-2011 | 11:13 AM
alauhog
|
Advanced

Beasleyiv: Nice ride. What i'm looking for is for information on the remapping of the EFI.
Does it matter where i have it set when i remap the EFI.

Rider1200: Also nice bike. I've listened to about 7 or 8 different videos, but they all sound different. i guess it depends where you put the mic for recording.

Old 06-17-2011 | 11:23 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by alauhog
Beasleyiv: Nice ride. What i'm looking for is for information on the remapping of the EFI.
Does it matter where i have it set when i remap the EFI.

Rider1200: Also nice bike. I've listened to about 7 or 8 different videos, but they all sound different. i guess it depends where you put the mic for recording.
Not sure. I would have it wide open for the re-map though. I've actually never had mine closed. I thought about rigging up a cable pull to be able to open/close it from the seat while riding, never got around to it.

Old 06-17-2011 | 03:07 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain

best i've had (previously v&h shorts shorts, then bassini pro-street), love the sound...i've always run them open, and like beaselyiv i ain't got a cable to open/close the valve while sitting on the bike...agree with beasleyiv, it ain't easy to install, at least for me...
have you installed a high-flow air filter?...no, then install and ride, this pipes seem to provide enough back pressure so you shouldn't loose low end torque, and it won't hurt the motor...
what setup have you got or are planning to get?...when you say remap, is it the stock ecm with hd dealer download?...dyno tune?

Old 06-19-2011 | 08:06 PM
alauhog
|
Advanced

Right now it pure stock.
Bought it about 2 months ago. Rode for 2 weeks then went offshore in Russia where I’m at until Sept. would like to get some riding in before it starts getting cold when I return home.
It’s sitting in the Harley shop getting accessories ( Bags, Windshield, Sissy Bar, Engine Guard ) installed now and I figured since they have the bike I would let them install the pipes, air box, and computer.
Actually wanted a Heritage but was a little tall for me due to I’m short. So I bought the Fatboy Lo and dressing it to look like a Heritage
Open to any suggestions on what would work.
First Harley ( rode mostly dirt bikes in the past ) so not really sure what would work and what wouldn’t.

Old 06-19-2011 | 08:08 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

I love the Patriot pipes. Note: there are no CATS in the head pipes.

HUGE power increase throughout the range with these pipes.