Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe seat bolts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Deluxe seat bolts

I managed to get some chrome Kuryakyn seat bolts for my Deluxe, but they are a thumbscrew bolt and the bike has bolts sticking out of the fender.
Are these taken out from underneath the fender, meaning I have to take the wheel off, or is there an easier way.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:05 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's probably best too leave the studs in the fender and find some decorative nuts to fit them.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
I managed to get some chrome Kuryakyn seat bolts for my Deluxe, but they are a thumbscrew bolt and the bike has bolts sticking out of the fender.
Are these taken out from underneath the fender, meaning I have to take the wheel off, or is there an easier way.
It's a welded plate underneath with studs (what you call bolts) welded to it. Comes out easy...just push the studs past the nylon retaining washers...and the plate will drop on your rear tire..you fish it out. I use one of my bike lifts with a frame caddy on it....it gives me a little more room to get my hand between fender and tire. But you ought to leave those studs in place unless you know what you are doing....if you want to buy good looking seat thumb screws...buy a set I have on fleaBay for sale.....item. I'm asking 5.99...plus shipping. Send me PM if you want item number.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:24 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

if you need to get under the fender try loosening the fender strut bolts then remove the rear bolts completely and pivot the fender up to get under the fender.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:27 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flhxkiller
if you need to get under the fender try loosening the fender strut bolts then remove the rear bolts completely and pivot the fender up to get under the fender.
You trying to get this guy killed...

Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the swift replies guys, I'm gonna leave the studs in, I'll have to get some fancy nuts.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put some chrome washers and an acorn nut on mine. Problem is that white plastic retainer is pretty big. You're going to need a bib of some sorts to cover it up. Mustang makes a mini bib that works pretty well.

Sorry, sort of blurry.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, and not hard at all to put those studs back in. Take your seat off and there's a little plastic box of sort (can't remember exactly what it is, but it's held to the fender with a couple plastic push pins. just pry the box up and you can reach under your fender through this opening.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:54 PM
alika808
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gforrest2
Oh, and not hard at all to put those studs back in. Take your seat off and there's a little plastic box of sort (can't remember exactly what it is, but it's held to the fender with a couple plastic push pins. just pry the box up and you can reach under your fender through this opening.

i second this. thats how i got mine out but decided to keep them in.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:26 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gforrest2
That "plastic box" is a wire conduit .. takes power to your rear lights.

Quick Reply: Deluxe seat bolts