Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I too big for a Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the seat is a huge factor in how any bike fits. For instance I'm only 5'7" and the Deluxe felt small and the seat for me was rather uncomfortable and it pushed me forward. The Fat Boy Lo felt totally different in stock form and was much more comfortable and I didn't feel like my groin was riding the tank. Personally if I were tall I'd go with a non lowered bike like a regular Fatboy or a Heritage if you are looking for a Softail.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
mikedero
Cruiser

I am 6ft 3 and 280 pounds, Long legs as well. I ride a 02 fatboy and I feel fine on it. I passed on the deluxe because it did feel a little small or cramped as it may. But that fatboy fits great I have no issues at all.

Get a fatboy

Old 06-09-2011, 01:59 PM
DC Mike
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm ONLY 6'1" (haha) but I tip the scales at 320 pounds. I ride an '06 Softail Springer and I don't give a **** what other people think. I love my bike. I did have to change the seat and bars though. Don't let the stock parts on any bike scare you away from it. These things are giant erector sets, you HAVE to change a lot of ****. And the MOCO knows it. Just buy what you like and change it up to suit your needs!

Mike

P.S. I'm not fat, just big boned! Hahahahaha

Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not many bikes are made to fit you big guys right off the floor.
Plenty of ways to make them fit you better though.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:33 PM
95yj
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heathdeloach
as well as an 07 1200 sporty.
If you can fit on the Sporty, then you should have no problem modifying the Deluxe the fit your frame. There's a plethora of good seats out there and by changing the handlebars and possibly moving the boards, you'll fit fine. (Nobody keeps the stock seat anyways.)

If you like the Deluxe and you wind up buying a Road King or something else, you'll always have regrets. Get what you want and make it fit. (Oh, and go tell the sales guy to get bent.)

Old 06-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Reverend
Tourer

It's still way too girly for real men. It's lowered, for girly sized legs, little bars for girly sized arms - change what you want, but it's too feminine for me!!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Clutch70
Road Master

Ghostrider thank for your avatar she is great!

Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend
It's still way too girly for real men. It's lowered, for girly sized legs, little bars for girly sized arms - change what you want, but it's too feminine for me!!
NOW, NOW, NOW. Let's be nice.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:13 PM
fdb2007
Road Master

First of all you may want to go stomp on the salesman that told you the Deluxe was a girl's bike. The only real girly HD I have seen has been Peg's ride and I am guessing that was the look she was going for. I think I would take my business somewhere they were serious about getting you on the bike you like--be it an 883 or Ultra Classic.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm 6'2" and the deluxe is fine for me. I put the Kury extensions on the boards and the bars are perfect, actually the bars are somewhat why I got it over the fatboy.

Either way if you like it, get it. Change the seat and add engine guard with pegs and you'll be good to go.

Also the the leg room isnt a big difference on the road king. And why don't dealers try to sell you what you want instead of knocking it for a couple more $$$? Sell them what they want and add in accessories

Quick Reply: Am I too big for a Deluxe?