Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which type of handlebars for a Night Train?
Streetslammer type of bar?
41.18%
Apes?
44.12%
Other?
14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Night Train - Handlebars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trains look good with almost any bar. I like the streetslammer's because of the way the bike handles with them not the look so much. The pull back & height were good for me. Someone has a mini 7-1/2" ape out. RSD shortstack . It looks great and with a short riser (under1" rise) it would sit just alittle higher then the slammers with a great look.

Last edited by mike06train; 07-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:23 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I vote for a taller t bar that does not pull back as far as the street slammer. Maybe a wild 1 10" t bar. That would look sick!

Drew

Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 AM
motolocodude
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
The inverted forks have thicker trees so keep that in mind when you're measuring for bars. I have 12.5 apes with the inverted forks and they are just right.....mater of fact i had to re-measure them thinking they sent me 14s. I love my setup but to each his own. Buy some bars and if you don't like them send them to classifieds......one man's junk blah blah blah

Hey TXFM nice set up!! Can you give me more information on your wheels and tire set? Did you have to make any changes to fit that 18x7 wheel on the back?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VTwinPulse
I put HD street slammer bars on first and while they felt better then the stock drag bar I still had the neck pinch and tightness issue (6'2"). As soon as I put on apes the neck pinch and constant head turning were gone and riding became fun.

Personally apes feel more natural to me, and I think they look badass too. Waiting for them to come in on my new ride

16" BR Custom Bars
This bike flows nicely, nice job!

To the OP. What do you invision your bike to look like? I didn't vote because I think you could take it in either direction. Once you decide your plan of action don't get side tracked with other comments or you'll end up with a sled that looks like a little bit of everyone elses ideas.

I don't think you can go wrong with either bar as long as you pull it into a plan with the rest of your mods. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had the Slammers on my ride and they handle ok but not much better on the back than the stock drags with 6" pullback risers. I went with 10" Carlini's Evil apes and love them so far much better and even handles better I think. My sig pic shows them

Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Tweeter2148
Advanced
Default Update on my project.

So I went with the mini apes from RSD and I am really happy with them so far. I just put a new exhaust and air intake on this week. Looks like the next project will be either a new rear fender or maybe a new set of wheels. After those are done, of course I will lower the bike. Thanks everyone for the input.

Attached Thumbnails Night Train - Handlebars?-img_2246.jpg   Night Train - Handlebars?-sdc11358.jpg  
Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 PM
JesseLee07
Intermediate
Received 43 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VTwinPulse
I put HD street slammer bars on first and while they felt better then the stock drag bar I still had the neck pinch and tightness issue (6'2"). As soon as I put on apes the neck pinch and constant head turning were gone and riding became fun.

Personally apes feel more natural to me, and I think they look badass too. Waiting for them to come in on my new ride

16" BR Custom Bars
VT, where did you get your side stand? Does it have the locking function like the HD so it wont roll on an incline?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:01 AM
hksigman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tweeter2148
So I went with the mini apes from RSD and I am really happy with them so far. I just put a new exhaust and air intake on this week. Looks like the next project will be either a new rear fender or maybe a new set of wheels. After those are done, of course I will lower the bike. Thanks everyone for the input.
looks good...what kind of exhaust? what rims are you thinkin about?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
SSMNightTrain
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you thinking about for your rear fender? I have done a ton of research on both Heartland Kit and The RSD traker bolt on. The RSD tracker is much cheaper and looks good.

I actually scraped both and am having a custom fender made....after labor and paint it was cheaper and I get exactly the look I want....just a thought.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JesseLee07
VT, where did you get your side stand? Does it have the locking function like the HD so it wont roll on an incline?
Hey Jesse I have that same Ness side stand and I would never trust it not to go forward on an incline but I tend to be a little paranoid.

Quick Reply: Night Train - Handlebars?