Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you suggest some security options for driveway

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 08:09 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 06-07-2011 | 08:20 PM
bikersurgeon
Tourer

aaaahahahaha "front toward enemy"...exceptional LOL I love claymores. I have had two bikes stolen in my lifetime and I am a security layer freak...I mean I have gates, chains, security lights, DOGS, night vision camera, very long driveway for extra shooting time, locked garage...etc. if they want it they will get it. best ideas are keep it out of sight of scum driving up the road (as stated park it in the freakin living room) and excellent insurance policy (as previously stated). and yeah one of my bikes that was stolen was while I was laying in the floor studying..I heard a thud of metal thrown into the back of a pickup...it took me 1.2 seconds to get out the door with my colt 45 but they were gone...and soo was my bike...this was when I lived in an apartment...and it wasn't in a good part of town...scumbags patrol all areas. Layers of security only provide a little extra time to nail a bad guy...but they are very fast lol.

Old 06-07-2011 | 08:23 PM
bikersurgeon
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hockey Stick
Register as an illegal alien and let the government buy you a house with a garage
ahahaha ok 2 funnies...that's haha funny lol

Old 06-07-2011 | 08:29 PM
11FXS
Tourer

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Now thats An option that you would expect from someone in the South. excellent choice.

Old 06-07-2011 | 08:31 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member

Can't remember the name, but wasn't there someone that made a clamshell like cover ? - had a floor in it and folded flat when not in use. Drive up on it, pull the cover up and over, and lock it. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:07 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member

http://www.ironhorsemc.com/Other-MAX...ductId=8089208

Years ago I had to park my bike outside for a year. I made an alarm system for it by parking it on a piece of plywood that I had mounted two micro switches on. The tires of the bike each sat on a micro switch. The switches were wired to a bell in my house and a spotlight on the side of the house. If the bike moved, the bell went off and the light came on. I had also driven a long steel rod into the ground and welded a chain to it. That chain was locked to the bike. I also kept the bike covered.

It worked pretty well. A couple of times I forgot to turn off the ac to the switches and set it off myself. lol

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:11 PM
bikersurgeon
Tourer

Originally Posted by duecedog
http://www.ironhorsemc.com/Other-MAX...ductId=8089208

Years ago I had to park my bike outside for a year. I made an alarm system for it by parking it on a piece of plywood that I had mounted two micro switches on. The tires of the bike each sat on a micro switch. The switches were wired to a bell in my house and a spotlight on the side of the house. If the bike moved, the bell went off and the light came on. I had also driven a long steel rod into the ground and welded a chain to it. That chain was locked to the bike. I also kept the bike covered.

It worked pretty well. A couple of times I forgot to turn off the ac to the switches and set it off myself. lol
ingenius

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:33 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member

If I had to keep my bike in the driveway I would put some type of permanent mount in the concrete. Either an eyehook type device as suggested by the Dr VTwin or even mounting a bike chock device to the concrete. A few holes drilled in the concrete can be patched over when you move. I have a heavy Kryptonite chain that I use for road trips that I would attach to the chock or eyehook.

I also have a Roadlok front rotor lock on my bike but that wouldn't prevent a few guys from picking the bike up and putting it in a van or pickup.

Bike alarm with/without pager would be another option but again a couple guys can throw your bike in a van or pickup and be on their was in seconds.

Insurance is a must and guarantees that if all else fails you won't be hurting too much.

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:48 PM
DirtyThirty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Frostbite
Can't remember the name, but wasn't there someone that made a clamshell like cover ? - had a floor in it and folded flat when not in use. Drive up on it, pull the cover up and over, and lock it. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?
I think you are talking about the bike barn? Don't remember the rules on posting a url so it's those 3 words .net Found the one that I think you actually ment cycleshelter. Will leave the other one up as another option.

Last edited by DirtyThirty; 06-07-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: adding more info
Old 06-07-2011 | 09:52 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

comn just do want you really want to do....park it in the kitchen of your double wide. : )

Quick Reply: Can you suggest some security options for driveway