Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon to be in the Softail fam

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:21 PM
rsarno
|
Road Master
Default Soon to be in the Softail fam

Hey all

Always wanted a Heritage Classic, and im finally getting one as my first bike. I had a few smaller bikes when i was a kid (nothing street legal) so i was nervous to take the plunge on such a large bike .. but it just feels right, and feels like "me" when im on it.

Was just a few days away from purchasing a Fat Bob because it was the most affordable new bike that i fit on, but i've always wanted the heritage ... sat on it and fell in love, then found out he had a 7yr old used one with only 10k miles and was less money than the Fat Bob ... jumped on it quick and i may be picking it up this Sat

I went a few pages deep and im noticing not a lot of heritage posts/threads. Is it not a common bike? Or is this the wrong forum?

Im attaching the only pic i took. Bike was dirty but still looked amazing!

Attached Thumbnails Soon to be in the Softail fam-img_20110605_150526.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011 | 09:29 PM
t stone
Road Master

Sick bike, welcome to the fam. And the fun begins.

Stone

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:32 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

When the Heritage people/Deluxe people wake up and turn their computers on, you'll see it's not an uncommon bike. Hope your wallet is heavy, because it won't be after reading these threads. Congrats.

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:35 PM
iupsig97
Tourer

Welcome... and nice bike. I think you did the right thing and got the bike you've always wanted right from the start. If you hadn't, every Heritage that rode on by would haunt you. Enjoy.

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:36 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

There are plenty of Heritages on the road. Congrats. I like the color too.

Drew

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:39 PM
rsarno
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
When the Heritage people/Deluxe people wake up and turn their computers on, you'll see it's not an uncommon bike. Hope your wallet is heavy, because it won't be after reading these threads. Congrats.
How do you mean?

BTW the bike has Stage1 and V&H pipes already. Not something i was in a rush to do, but the wimpy sound of the stock fatbob really sorta made me feel wimpy before i even bought it haha. So im glad this bike has it done and its one less decision i have to make, or convince wifey to allow me to make hehe

Old 06-06-2011 | 09:57 PM
SJ58
Road Warrior

Lots of Heritage owners in here. We're just out riding Nice ride your getting there! Have fun and post some pics in the Heritage pic section.

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:02 PM
rsarno
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
How do you mean?

BTW the bike has Stage1 and V&H pipes already. Not something i was in a rush to do, but the wimpy sound of the stock fatbob really sorta made me feel wimpy before i even bought it haha. So im glad this bike has it done and its one less decision i have to make, or convince wifey to allow me to make hehe

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:24 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rsarno
How do you mean?

Stage 1 and V&H exhaust? Damn man, you're almost $1000 ahead of the game already!

Take some more pics and post 'em here. Ain't nothing like a Heritage!

HD's BEST overall bike!

Old 06-06-2011 | 10:37 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

Have the dealer check the cam chain tensioners before you buy it. At 10K they should be fine, but it would be a costly mistake if they are bad. I think you will love the bike, I really like the color.
Enjoy the ride,
Travis

Quick Reply: Soon to be in the Softail fam