Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Cat Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fat Cat Info

Couple of Fat Cats for sale on Ebay, one from a forum member. Did some homework, but couldn't find all the answers. From the website, looks like the only difference between the 504-32B and the 412-32B are the 02 sensor holes. I'm assuming the holes in the 504 can be plugged with a simple, hardware store threaded plug. D&D lists these for fuel injected bikes. Will the 504-32B work okay with my '06 carb'd bike? And finally baffles. Looks like 3 are available. Standard, quiet, and big bore. I have the V&H BR now and they are to rat-tat-tat for me. Looking for something deeper and quieter. Do I need to go with the quiet baffle or is the standard okay? Hope to score one of these before someone else does. And if I do, anyone interested in some Big Radius pipes?

Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, plugs are fine for your carbed bike. You can't even see them. Mine has the standard baffle and I've gotten plenty of compliments on the sound of it.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 AM
bsj04
Advanced

Yeah the 504 and 412 are the same except the 504 has the O2 holes. I ordered a 412 for my EFI 06 and it fits and works fine. Didn't see the need to have the holes and plugs.

The problem i ran into was the cut on the muffler. This is what I was expecting (picture from their site)

And this is what I got.... It's shorter and the angle of the cut looks different

They told me it was the same thing and it was the angle of the picture that made it look different. BS! Im pretty sure the design changed but not their photos. They would never admit it. I have seen a few in person and they didn't look like what I got. Anyways they kept giving me the run around. After showing up at the shop in DFW I was able to exchange my muffle for a 514 heritage muffle that's about 6" longer. For me I like it better then the short one.

At first I got the standard baffle but after riding it and I decided to get the quiet baffle for the heritage muffler. I'm also happy with that decision. It's really not that much quieter but the standard is loud!

If you're buying new type in the part number you're looking for in google shopping and starcycle/amazon had the best price I could find. $565 shipped from the factory to my door in about a week. Hope this helps a little

Old 06-01-2011, 02:04 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The quiet baffle gives a deeper tone. I would recommend that one for you from your description.

Drew

Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 AM
FatBoyVeteran
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the standard baffle in mine. Love it. Love the sound. Nice and Deep....

And its not too loud unless you really wanna wake the neighbors.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Brutus01
Road Captain

I just got my Low Cat installed and it was a great choice for me. As far as I know, it is their standard baffle but I think it sounds great and looks better than I expected.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Cat Info-smallfblofirstmods.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can see in the picture that the shot angle is different. Look at the baseboard in the second shot.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
You can see in the picture that the shot angle is different. Look at the baseboard in the second shot.
sorry, theirs only one shot and its the left side that shows.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the shorter muffler with the quiet baffle and it sounds to be exactly what you are looking for.

I even have a set of chrome O2 sensor plugs if you end up needing them hit me up via PM and I'll get them to you.

Oh and if you think the quiet baffles are too quiet you can always pull the baffle out and remove the fiberglass wrap, then you have standard baffles. Not fun getting them out but they do come out.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:01 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixie Dreg
its not the photo, the angle is different. I have a new muffler and an older 2004 heritage version and the angle is definitely a different cut. The old versions are sharper and face straight down. The new are a more shallow cut and angle down and to the right. I much prefer the old. Here's mine with the old style cut:

Quick Reply: Fat Cat Info