Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail = right bike for me? deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011 | 12:55 AM
wanabe
|
Road Warrior

so they make a large mustang for the deluxe?
have one on the sporty and it is a great seat...

if i could get a large mustang on a deluxe for the 2 up rides and switch it out for a single seat (stock maybe?) when the +2 isnt with me, seems to me that would work

mustang on my bike:

Old 05-29-2011 | 02:05 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Old 05-29-2011 | 04:17 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

You wont be disappointed in the Deluxe, I have 2 seats, a Mustang solo with backrest and a Heritage seat.
I personally dont think theres a better looking Harley, especially if you like chrome.

Old 05-29-2011 | 08:07 AM
prost34
Tourer

I love my lux,me and the wife take weekend trips every weekend with the stock seats, just have to get off every once in awhile,but longer trips i think the touring bike is the way to go,,the deluxe to me is like a hotrod ,a touring bike is like a caddy,,,

Old 05-29-2011 | 08:19 AM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by terryrh
...and must be nice to have a hot tub... dreaming of the day
Yeah, I dream of having one too... I meant the hot tub at the hotel at the end of a long run. lol, As for the rear pillion, they changed them in '09. It's shape a little different and stops the passenger from sliding so much.

Old 05-29-2011 | 09:52 PM
wanabe
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by prost34
I love my lux,me and the wife take weekend trips every weekend with the stock seats, just have to get off every once in awhile,but longer trips i think the touring bike is the way to go,,the deluxe to me is like a hotrod ,a touring bike is like a caddy,,,
how many miles can she ride comfortably on the back?

Old 05-30-2011 | 01:36 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by prost34
It's all good. All I say is that when I replaced the seat on my Heritage I thought is WAS a tourer for a while. My friend's uncle is really the one that told me about it when I rode down to Reynolds, GA for the Harley races back in April last year. I didn't actually get it until about July or August and I was kicking myself for not getting it earlier.

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
Yeah, I dream of having one too... I meant the hot tub at the hotel at the end of a long run. lol, As for the rear pillion, they changed them in '09. It's shape a little different and stops the passenger from sliding so much.
Ah ok...Here is where my next trip is to...
http://www.chaletvillage.com/rentals...rossing-Lodge/

Old 05-30-2011 | 09:10 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior

SO you modified your sporty to be a "heritage sportster" but now you want a Deluxe? Does this mean you will be working to add bags to that too? If so, get a Heritage. That will save you time and money. You can always get a set of barebacks for the bags so you can take them off without those ugly studs sticking out.

As for a seat for solo or two up, I'll add my approval of the mustang touring seats. The P-Pad is easily removable and they make them in multiple butt widths to fit your +2. If you get the quick disconnect passenger backrest and the barebacks you can go from Heritage to Deluxe 'esque' in a couple of minutes.

Old 05-30-2011 | 11:38 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

HapPy with mine. Just for shyts, I'd take a Road King Classic for a spin as well.

Old 05-30-2011 | 08:17 PM
mistersoftail
Advanced

I can tell you this, don't expect to have the same kind of power for riding 2 people on a Softail like you have with a 1200 Sportster. My new Heritage is extremely comfortable and great looking, but my 2005 Sportster 1200 could easily blow it's doors off and that's with 2 people on board. The Heritage is fine with one person aboard, but add another and she becomes a real dog. It is seriously under powered...

Quick Reply: softail = right bike for me? deluxe?