Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Lo BCT QQ Baffle with Original Cheese grater Baffle

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Woweh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Boy Lo BCT QQ Baffle with Original Cheese grater Baffle

Hi All,

So I am wondering if I should install my new BCT QQ Baffles alone or together with my original included V & H twin slash slip ons with stock cheese grater baffles????

(I can modify them myself, by cutting/tack weld..etc if needed).
Not looking for anything crazy loud, but as loud as stock V & H cheese grater baffle is fine(on a slip on), just a deeper sound. Wondering if any of you fine Ladies/Gents have tried with both or the BCT alone what is the diff. Trying to save some time because I already have to modify the 2 1/8 BCT QQ to a 2 3/8 Diameter hole.

I know, I know, I should've got the full exhaust, but they sound good to me with the slip ons and cheese grater baffle but looking for some more DEEP! I already have a lollipop installed in them(stock cheese grater baffles). Wondering the difference between the 2 without my lollipop. Any and all input is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you in advance. 2011 FB Lo

D

Old 05-27-2011, 02:29 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

I run the regular BCT Thunder Monster baffles. Without the stock ones. I think for you to get the sound you want the V&H ones need to come out. Is there no allen head screw on the slip ons that free up the baffles?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 AM
F117ewo
Cruiser

I'm running the BCT baffles alone too. They completely replaced my original SE-II baffles (cheese grater style).

Jake

Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
JPL
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Running the BCT Baffles alone too...
GOod luck getting the cheesegrader off!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Woweh
Cruiser

Awesome, Thank you ALL for the feedback!!! I will be running the BCT's alone, I just wasn't sure, so now they have finally arrived(Today) and I can get working on them, can't wait!!! Have a great long weekend folks!!!

D

Old 05-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Woweh
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cryan9
I run the regular BCT Thunder Monster baffles. Without the stock ones. I think for you to get the sound you want the V&H ones need to come out. Is there no allen head screw on the slip ons that free up the baffles?
Yep, I have removed them a few times trying out different baffles, V&H Quiets, stock, stock with lollipop. Finally going to get the BCT's in. Sorry for the delay in getting back, it's been a loooong work day. See ya!!

Cheers

Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Woweh
Yep, I have removed them a few times trying out different baffles, V&H Quiets, stock, stock with lollipop. Finally going to get the BCT's in. Sorry for the delay in getting back, it's been a loooong work day. See ya!!

Cheers
Have your wife or girlfriend take a picture of your face the first time you crank the bike up after you put them in. I bet your smile will take up the whole photo.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 PM
CVance
Intermediate

I put the BCT QQ baffles in my Samson Longhorns. You could now say that the Samson baffles have a shelf life because they won't be going back. I found that the BCT QQ baffle has a deeper more solid sound. I smiled three times, first after I installed / started, second when it was going through the gears on the dyno, and third when the mechanic took it for test ride down the road. I think you'll be happy.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Woweh
Cruiser

Hahaha, you guys were right, I fired her up on Saturday after having to do my diameter mod, I looked like Edward scissorhands..lolll Wow, deep rumble, just a fantastic sound all around!!! All I was looking for!!! Thank you all for your input and advise....Peace!!

Old 05-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Woweh
Cruiser

Also Guys, my smile scared my Wife...lol, I came in and told her THAT's IT, you will never see me tinkering with the exhaust again, I have found my sound~~, she said excellent, so now you can spend less time out there, well Hmmm, sure....(NOT).

Quick Reply: Fat Boy Lo BCT QQ Baffle with Original Cheese grater Baffle