Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gangsta white's.......?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011 | 12:34 AM
95yj
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
You guys that use bleche white, do you spray it all over the whitewall and then rise with water or what? I am concerned it will mess up my chrome on my rims.

Drew
Nope, not really. First thing before washing the bike is to spray down the tires, wait 30 secs and then use a brush on the side of the tires and the whitewalls. Then the hose rinses the tires and the rest of the bike and then start to wash.

Doesn't affect the chrome on the rims at all.

Old 05-27-2011 | 07:54 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member

I use Mean Green to clean the white walls.

Old 05-27-2011 | 08:27 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

I only use bleche white if there is some weird stain, I've sprayed it all over the chrome, no problem. If they are just dirty I use dawn dish soap and a greenie. SOS pads work great too.

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:02 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Cool Whitewalls

I HAVE READ NEVER TO USE STEEL WOOL, METAL BRUSH, OR ANY ABRASIVE ITEM ON WHITEWALLS. DON'T WANT TO GET MINUTE SCRATCHES BECAUSE THEY WILL TRAP GRIT, OIL, BRAKE DUST, ROAD FILM, AND MORE. CHEMICALS DESIGNED FOR W/W WITH THE PROPER NON ABRASIVE TOOL SEEM TO WORK FOR ME. A GOOD CLEANING WON'T LAST TOO LONG AND REQUIRES ATTENTION.

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:14 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Today I'm going to try dish soap and a scrubbie sponge instead and see how it works. I'll post results later on.

Drew

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:15 AM
Bad Daddy
Advanced

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
I HAVE READ NEVER TO USE STEEL WOOL, METAL BRUSH, OR ANY ABRASIVE ITEM ON WHITEWALLS. DON'T WANT TO GET MINUTE SCRATCHES BECAUSE THEY WILL TRAP GRIT, OIL, BRAKE DUST, ROAD FILM, AND MORE. CHEMICALS DESIGNED FOR W/W WITH THE PROPER NON ABRASIVE TOOL SEEM TO WORK FOR ME. A GOOD CLEANING WON'T LAST TOO LONG AND REQUIRES ATTENTION.
Totally Agree.

Brass brush is what i have been using, when i have to... you sure don't want to use steel wool... it will show rust the minute it rains...

Constant maintenance is the key, and less use of the harsh brush and clean routine...

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:20 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

They are all the same. If want them pimp white, then you will work your *** off.

I finally got rid of mine. If you use your bike for everyday transportation, well those things are going to get ugly dirty.

Old 05-27-2011 | 10:00 AM
bsj04
Advanced

Love my white walls hate cleaning them.

I use bleach white and a scrub brush but I might try the magic eraser next time.

I don't think there is an easy way

Old 06-07-2011 | 10:13 AM
LRS
Road Captain

Ive always used GoJO, comet and a scrub brush.

Old 06-07-2011 | 04:48 PM
furtrader
Cruiser

Ive always used bleach white and magic eraser when needed. My word of warning, don't let it get on stainless or aluminum. I've not had a problem with it on chrome, but it has quickly tarnished stainless and aluminum on more than one set of wheels Ive had.
I agree with the belly stand you can spray it on the bottom side of the wheel and slowly turn the wheel to coat the entire thing.

Quick Reply: Gangsta white's.......?