Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations on riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:47 AM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Riding Boots

I always liked the "old school" biker boot aka Engineer's boots. Found these at Sears.com for $99.00. I like the height of the shaft which has come in handy several times deflecting road stuff. Depending on the pants worn, they can be a pain to get over the legs. I'm lazy and wear em with the pants tucked in.

Attached Thumbnails Recommendations on riding boots-06707316876_20100129080109027.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 05-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alika808
You got a name for these high speed navy work boots?
Sorry, no, but I'm sure there must be some Navy guys here who would know.
It was just their standard work boot that they wear with their work uniform, back when it was still jeans and a shirt.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Wabbit
Tourer

Well, using my google-fu, I actually found them:
http://www.workbootsusa.com/ba6unadustto.html

Pricier than I expected, but so good I would probably buy my own pair when these wear out. You could probably find them cheaper somewhere.

Someone mentioned that they wouldn't get steel toed boots because it might crush their toes in a fall. I know someone who had a rock thrown by a truck that ripped through his leather boot and ripped his toenail off. I think I'd go with the steel toe.

Last edited by Wabbit; 05-27-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:33 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain

Riding boots need to provide ankle protection, be comfortable for both riding and walking, and be water proof. I used to use a pair of Sidi waterproof boots. They were rated tops in waterproofness. Only problem was that when I got off the bike to walk around, they were very uncomforable. I now use my hunting boots. They are comfortable to walk in, provide ankle protection, and are very waterproof. Just my $0.02.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Tracer58
Stage III
Default Boots

Just got these boots today from LeatherUp for 59.95. I think I'm gonna like them. The zipper works real well, don't have to loosen the laces at all and they're still plenty tight but still slip on and off easily.

I like the fact they're free of all the badges and bling... just a good, sturdy, thick leather boot. They look good too, got that matte finish with grey stitching. Should last a long time!

http://cid-f6284eb9a627fd83.photos.l...Boot?nl=1&uc=1

Old 05-27-2011, 02:25 PM
vchacon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rmarino14
I wear Doc Martens Ironbridge boots the non-steel toe ones. These are the best boots I have owned. I paid $120 for them 6 years ago and I could get one more year out of them. The soles are non-slip and the best part the soles aren't stiff so walking around in them all day is no problem.

http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-dr-m...ack-p_id117321
I second rmarino14. These are the boots I wear most of the time. They have a little ankle padding, good for wide feet (good toe box), and are comfortable all day. With a good pair of socks I can walk around all day.

For long trips, if I ever take any, I would be interested in trying out some high Engineer Boots. Anyone know if they make a difference for rocks and such? Are they comfortable to walk around in?

Old 05-27-2011, 02:39 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like my Cruiserworks. They are comfortable on and off the bike and are 100% waterproof.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

old fashion engineer boots....

Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vchacon
I second rmarino14. These are the boots I wear most of the time. They have a little ankle padding, good for wide feet (good toe box), and are comfortable all day. With a good pair of socks I can walk around all day.

For long trips, if I ever take any, I would be interested in trying out some high Engineer Boots. Anyone know if they make a difference for rocks and such? Are they comfortable to walk around in?

I've had many occasions that something hard smacked the front of my Engineer boots...bounced right off no problem. As far as walking around, what can I say ? They ain't ballet slippers they are boots but they aren't bad at all...

Quick Reply: Recommendations on riding boots