Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations on riding boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 AM
HEMI Army
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My jump boots get worn with my class As.

Originally Posted by cassady
I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Corcoran boots. I've had a pair of the leather jump boots for over 20 years, wore 'em all the time, and they're only now about ready to be replaced. Better boots you won't find. And the riding style quotient is there as well.

cass

And -- since someone asked -- you can design your own Chuck Taylor sneakers via the web. You can find the link through your favorite search engine.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My New Balance 574s work pretty well.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:38 AM
LarryLives
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear old school Converse (Chucks) when its warm out and when its cool enough for boots I have a pair of Milwaukee boots.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alika808
thanks for your input bro but i got some history with corcoran jump boots as i use to wear them with my class As when i was on jump status and i couldnt stand wearing them. they were uncomfortable to me
I wear my jump boots with A's too, but after 17 years on jump status (and still counting) they ain't too bad. My knees, however, are a whole different story

Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've worn Redwings and HD boots. My current HD's have the stupid zipper which I feel is absolutely useless. If you're buying slip-on style boots and size them correctly, then there is no need for a damn zipper. Just HD's way of catering to the idiots. Probably gonna wear those out and then switch up to a good hand made boot. Look into a good local boot shop, pay the premium, and get a boot that'll fit like a glove and last a lifetime. Also wear custom chucks when I'm just barhopping.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:17 AM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
I've worn Redwings and HD boots. My current HD's have the stupid zipper which I feel is absolutely useless. If you're buying slip-on style boots and size them correctly, then there is no need for a damn zipper. Just HD's way of catering to the idiots. Probably gonna wear those out and then switch up to a good hand made boot. Look into a good local boot shop, pay the premium, and get a boot that'll fit like a glove and last a lifetime. Also wear custom chucks when I'm just barhopping.
I've wore jungle boots, jump boots, basic Army boots, gortex boots, cowbot boots, hiking boots, work boots, etc. My current HD's also have a zipper that I use all the time since I don't have to unlace the boots as far down. I did add a gel insert since they aren't the best boot to walk around in.

Personally, I have problems with "slip on" boots since I have a burn scar that used to get irratated when wearing cowboy boots though I never had that problem with lace up boots. I'm not around horses anymore either unless one considers the bike a steel horse. Over all, my jungle boots have seen the most wear and tear though my feet are probably too fat to wear them now since they are a narrow boot. My gortex boots saw their share of snow though they are heavier than the other boots I've owned. Around here, I have yet to wear them and probably never will though since it doesn't snow. The lighter boot also is easier on my ankle that I injured while on active duty.

Lately, I've been thinking about checking into some Wolverines since they have a more dressy style brown boot that is not a slip on. It's called work and a military style boot/color won't really cut it. I also don't really feel like having a pair of boots dyed though that may be an option. I've read somewere on the web though I don't know if it is true or not that the same company that makes HD boots makes Wolverine though the quality of Wolverines are superior for whatever reason.

Last edited by TNB; 05-26-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Sidi Adventure...

Attached Thumbnails Recommendations on riding boots-2010-sidi-adventure-rain-boots-black.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What no one rides in flip-flops? Obviously no one from Florida.

I've had Harley boots that were good and some that sucked, I prefer a boot made for riding but any work boot with oil resistant soles will work. Sneakers aint for me, I nearly dropped my ride at an oily intersection due to the crummy grip that my new balance gave me. I'm not much into steel toe either, if you go down and the bike crushes that toe, you will lose a few of yours. Perhaps it would happen if the bike came down on them anyway, but fold that steel toe down and it makes a real mess. Not a sight I want to see ever again.

Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear these...(but not at the same time)

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by frontiercat
Sidi Adventure...
I have been considiring those Frontier for long time, went with shorter Icon version of them.
I wonder, if you can put a 'review' on your test for them ? comfort ? handling ?are you on floorboard ? forward controls ? , can you walk with them in a long day ? hot/cold weather ? etc. ..

Quick Reply: Recommendations on riding boots