Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer remap vs PC

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 PM
billvaughn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer remap vs PC

Going to be adding a stage 1 kit and V&H Big shots long with power chamber. I'm undecided on weather to go with the dealer remap or go with a power commander or equivilent. I do not plan any other upgrades to the engine. For those who have just gone with the remap for pipes and stage 1...How's it running???? Thanks, Bill.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Wolf
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dealer remap vs PC

Mine runs very nice with the Harley remap and V H Staggered Bigshots. It runs great fast, slow, or in between and no pop back when decelerating. FWIW.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Blazer
Intermediate

On the flip side of Wolf's experience, my '03 Heritage didn't run worth a flip with a high-performance air filter and the Big Shots Staggered, both before and after my Harley dealer did the latest Stage 1 remap. So I ended up installing V&H's FuelPak; after a little tweaking of the input paramaters, my problems of "decel popping" and "dying when I stopped" went away. As it turned out, my bike was running too lean, and the FuelPak allowed me to increase the fuel mixture.

In case you are interested, here's where you can get more info about the FuelPak.
http://www.vanceandhines.com/d100_fuelpak.html

Old 07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
05 DELUXE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i easily installed the power C my self and programmed it. no big deal at all. dont be intimidated by it its so simple that you will laugh when your done.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:17 AM
sportybiker66
Advanced

I had my 2005 Heritage Softail Classic remapped for a stage one setup and screamin eagle exhaust w/power chamber and to this day no problems

Old 07-07-2005, 01:09 PM
mchaous
Cruiser

PC lllUSB is a good way to go. You can have the re-map for stage-1 done and still install PC and use it as well. I have a 2004 FatBoy EFI. It had stage-1 re-map when I purchased it. I added the PC lllUSB so I could fine tune it even better. As stated earlier it is a simple install. My only problem was space and finding a way to get the seat on. "Not much room under there". The other problem , which I didn't have is you will need a computer to transfer maps to PC. My laptop made a great computer for this process.

I say have the stage-1 re-map done. Ride it around and see if you like it. If you don't buy the PC and use it with the stage-1. You will be able to adjust it to get your best performance

Mark

ORIGINAL: billvaughn

Going to be adding a stage 1 kit and V&H Big shots long with power chamber. I'm undecided on weather to go with the dealer remap or go with a power commander or equivilent. I do not plan any other upgrades to the engine. For those who have just gone with the remap for pipes and stage 1...How's it running???? Thanks, Bill.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not have the PC, but I asked about the same thing at a local show that had a perfomance company there. The guy told me it is best to get the HD download first then install the PC. He told me the HD download will richen the idle and raise the rev-limiter, where as the PC won't. He also said that if the PC craps out, you can simply remove the seat, unplug the PC, reconnect the module and you will be back running fine in 5 minutes, where as it would run way to lean without the down load.
I really don't know much about the PC myself, just letting you know what I heard.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
billvaughn
Tourer

Thanks for all the info guys....I'm going to go with the dealer remap first, and if it doesn't work I will buy the PC...I'll let you know what happens....Thanks again......

Old 11-07-2005, 09:00 PM
480Ruger
Novice

I started with the Stage I and V&H BIGSHOTS on my 03 EFI fatboy. It was enough to notice over stock. Early last year I had the Stage II 95" and PCIII USB installed and dyno tuned. Big difference in torque and tire spin on takeoff. I just took off the PC and installed the Race tuner from H-D. After over 24,000, I wish I had stayed with Harley parts from the beginning. Hope this is what you were looking for.