Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top ten Softail mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Top ten Softail mods?

if youre a big boy, over 6'1' grab some arlen ness extended forward controls.
I'm 5'8". Controls feel pretty good for me in stock location.

I would skip #1 and add the oil cooler instead. In our wheather and traffic (and damn long beach bars), the hog gets hot!
I haven't written the oil cooler off totally yet. I just need to set some priorities. First I have to ensure 2-up riding comfort for the Mrs. Sure she's got her own scoot. But her riding comfort when we go 2-up is part of my mind-control maintenance techniques to keep her supportive of my Harley addiction.

Other than the obvious exhaust and stage 1, my favorite i did was handlebars.
After only 50 miles I was 100% sure new bars are on the list. I like the Dyna mini apes. Put them on my other bikes and love them. Not sure if that's the answer here. I'm keeping open minded. Not sure if the beach bars would look as good on an FX as they do on a Fatboy.

I spent the weekend looking at exhaust options. I'm not sure yet. Kinda leaning toward the Bub Jug Huggers. In the short term I might pick up a cheap set of stock take-offs and knock out the baffles. I don't need to set off car alarms but I'm a huge supporter of the 'loud pipes save lives' assertion. I feel vulnerable with the stock pipes (Harley stealth mode).