Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2010 FB Lo... For Now

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011 | 02:49 PM
dcgray2
|
Tourer
Default My 2010 FB Lo... For Now

Here is my 2010 FB Lo

Lots (to me at least) of mods and changes. Almost all of them gotten from this site in one form or another.

I have the following on the to-do list for next year:

- Change out lights (except headlight) to LEDs
- Smoked Lens Covers
- Lay-down Smoked Taillight
- MAYBE change the football (I like the RSD Boss Black Ops but NFW I'm paying $350 for an air cleaner)
- Custom seating surface (Love JimsFBL Alligator, but thinking about going with a "tattooed" seat with my design)

Other than that I am going to ride the **** out of it. :-)

Let me know what you think!

Attached Thumbnails My 2010 FB Lo... For Now-cimg3719.jpg   My 2010 FB Lo... For Now-cimg3720.jpg   My 2010 FB Lo... For Now-cimg3721.jpg  

Last edited by dcgray2; 05-20-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2011 | 03:57 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice start to your mods bro! Your sled is coming along nicely and it looks like you have more mods planned. Good luck!

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:04 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Looks great man, how do you like those bars? I thought about getting them instead of the apes.

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:19 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice. I dig the low. What's that red wire under the seat on the left side?

Old 05-20-2011 | 04:25 PM
dcgray2
|
Tourer

Jim, that means a lot. Your scoot is mean looking!

Capt, I LOVE the bars (W560B btw), I was hunched over before getting them, now I feel laid back and comfy. Big PITA to get the internal wires run... Maybe because of the extra wires for the LED mirrors, but a PITA none the less.

mreed, it's the dongle for my trickle charger.

After, I posted this I started thinking, "Who am I kidding I WILL pay $300 'ish for the right air cleaner!"

I saw the Performance Machine Super Gas Black. Anyone have one? Like it?

Old 05-20-2011 | 05:19 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Nice bars! I agree...they were the best mod I've done so far! So why aren't you considering the LED headlight? I gotta tell you...it's a lot more light than then the crappy stock headlamp that comes on it. Nice work so far. Looking forward to seeing even more mods!

Old 05-20-2011 | 07:23 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned

congrats !!!!

i dont blame you, Jim's seat is one of the best looking seats i've seen...
i would love to see that style seat on a barebones or C&C or something like that.

+1 on tossing the football!
Ride safe!

Old 05-20-2011 | 11:09 PM
Pyron
Cruiser

Looking great. I love the attention to detail you paid on some of the things. The diamond black theme looks good with the denim paint, and I think the PC'd headlight trim ring is important too. The bars look awesome and I dig the fact that you went with the detachable accessories.

Having gone with the LED headlight myself... it's worth it. Also, I think you will pay 300 bucks for the right air cleaner

How much fun was that front turn signal relocate? Pretty straight forward?

Old 05-21-2011 | 01:30 AM
dcgray2
|
Tourer

Thanks for your kind comments.

The Diamond Black boards, grips and pegs to me really dress up the bike. When you see the rear brake and the board together it looks cool. Of course those boards only come in traditional style so you have to ditch the half-moon pans for the traditional ones.

I guess I haven't given the headlight much thought for a couple of reasons:

1) I haven't at least so far done much riding at night - just hopping locally
2) It's not a cheap part

But I'm sure it won't take much convincing to move it onto the list! I appreciate the feedback on how much difference it makes, I think that there was an article in the last American Iron mag where they showed the difference. Pretty stunning.

The turn-signal relocate wasn't that bad. The most surprising part was that at some point before 2010 they became non-disassemble-able. I really wanted to get those little baby buckets pc'd! In the end I settled for the factory finish in the front and to be honest I think they look fine.

There is a guy on ebay (steel eagle cycles) that sells a "kit" to do it, but really you can do it without the kit by spending a little time at the hardware store.

Anyone know which stock bike might have back turn-signals in the non-glossy black? I would like to retain the stock HD look AND chase the last bit of shiny off the bike. I can rattle can them if it comes down to it, but have avoided that for the most part.

Old 05-21-2011 | 05:45 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Looks great! I can't believe the pullback on those bars.

What part of Pittsburgh you from? I'm from Butler. Military moved me to Florida, Texas, and South Dakota but pretty much my whole family still live there. My dads always looking for people to ride with.

Quick Reply: My 2010 FB Lo... For Now