Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes a tuner/programmer for 2011 Softail Deluxe????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011 | 12:54 PM
Pdiddy
Cruiser

Sert and dyno tune is your best bet. Pricey but worth it in my opinion $400 for the sert another couple hundred for dyno. Other generic pre set maps are ok but won't open the potential of your bike. Custom dyno will unleash the beast best $600 I've spent on my bike

Old 05-24-2011 | 01:48 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
I called Drew's store and they told me it wasnt available for 2011 Softail Deluxe.

I also called D&D Exhaust, they told me the same thing.
The 2011 Softail family is the first to recieve the HD low voltage Computer Aided Network. The HD CAN works similar to the CAN in BMW and Mercedes Cars.

I'm am not certain...because I have not run into a job yet where a client with a 2011 Softail needs an aftermarket computer ...but its only a matter of time. Before you buy an aftermarket ECM for your 2011 Softail, be sure and ask a technically competent seller rep if their ECM is compliant with the HD CAN. If the rep asks you what an HD CAN is and it's purpose....then you should have sufficient doubt NOT to buy.

If the HD CAN is similar to BMW CAN...then a noncompliant ECM will not work. Compliant ECMs need input and connection to the CAN unless HD has isolated engine control from its CAN system. The CAN uses a 2.4 v instrument circuit to "control" and diagnose just about every subsystem on a vehicle....engine, brakes, lights,...you name it routes to the CAN via a central harness rather than their own independent circuits. This "simplifies" wiring and integrates operation and diagnostics.

Old 05-25-2011 | 01:26 PM
Blackline Rolling
Intermediate

Ok, as I posted earlier I couldn't get to the injectors by simply lifting the tank on my Blackline. Well problem solved by just unbolting the ignition/coil-grenade looking set up on the left side. Pulled it away and had all the room in the world. I feel like a dumb-dumb for not thinking of that earlier.

Now that Dobeck TFI set up is on I really like it so far (1-day) and it was super easy and fast to tune. I highly recommend the product.

Old 05-25-2011 | 01:30 PM
HeHateMe
|
Road Captain

I just bought the SE Super Tuner. I am sending it to get dyno tuned tomorrow at the dealership.