Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland kit or ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heartland kit or ???

Is there any other manufacturer of the conversion kit for the Rocker, other than Heartland? I'm kicking around the idea of doing this mod but can't really accept that it costs $2300 Does anyone know approx. how much it would/should cost to get the fender painted to match exist. color w/flames? Also, how's the ride after the installation?
Thanks

Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
SMH
Tourer

Few options to the Heartland kit, here is one.
http://www.russwernimont.com/RWD-500...KIT_p_224.html

I can't speak for the above setup for qaulity because I went with Heartland and couldn't be happier. Every part I've used from them to date has been VERY solid. Yes, price sucks, but it is what it is. Check with the Dr for prices on the Heartland products.

At first I lowered 2 inches with bolts and it wasn't that bad, but have since went with the Shotgun Shock and the ride is amazing. The bolts aren't that bad, I just didn't like them due to the 2 up riding I do.

I think I had my fender and rockgaurd painted for $275 or $300, but that's alll going to depend on your location and who you know.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Brother, just go Heartland. Drop Drew at Dr. VTwin an email or PM and he WILL hook you up.

I know the expense is a lot to swallow, but you'll get over it, trust me.

The kit itself doesn't effect the ride of the bike, but the issue with the Rocker is that the Heartland kit attaches to the frame and not the swingarm like the OEM Rocker fender. Therefore lowering will be necessary. And trust me, you WILL have to lower it somehow. My bike looked like a Kawasaki KX250 when I first mounted the kit. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Heartland needs to be MUCH clearer about needing to lower the bike to get the look they show on the site.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SMH
Few options to the Heartland kit, here is one.
http://www.russwernimont.com/RWD-500...KIT_p_224.html

I can't speak for the above setup for qaulity because I went with Heartland and couldn't be happier. Every part I've used from them to date has been VERY solid. Yes, price sucks, but it is what it is. Check with the Dr for prices on the Heartland products.

At first I lowered 2 inches with bolts and it wasn't that bad, but have since went with the Shotgun Shock and the ride is amazing. The bolts aren't that bad, I just didn't like them due to the 2 up riding I do.

I think I had my fender and rockgaurd painted for $275 or $300, but that's alll going to depend on your location and who you know.
Thanks for the info SMH. Who's the Dr? Your bike is awesome!

Old 05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Um, hi Rocker Dave... did you read my post? The "Dr" is Drew at Dr. VTwin in LA, CA.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Um, hi Rocker Dave... did you read my post? The "Dr" is Drew at Dr. VTwin in LA, CA.
Thanks for your info. Yes, I did read your post. I am not familiar with VTwin in LA. I'm in northern Calif. However, I will do some google searches to see if I can find his email address? Does he get a discount on the Heartland kits or something?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:09 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Here I am. Just so everyone knows, Heartland just raised their prices on everything. So if you had sticker shock before be prepared. All the kits are a few hundred more now and everything else is a bit more too. the new prices are on their site. I can always get you a discount on their stuff. If you have gotten a quote from me in the past but not yet ordered please take this in to consideration when you call to order. It is all going to cost more now. Sorry guys. It pisses me off too but contact me for discounted pricing as always. DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

Drew

Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Here I am. Just so everyone knows, Heartland just raised their prices on everything. So if you had sticker shock before be prepared. All the kits are a few hundred more now and everything else is a bit more too. the new prices are on their site. I can always get you a discount on their stuff. If you have gotten a quote from me in the past but not yet ordered please take this in to consideration when you call to order. It is all going to cost more now. Sorry guys. It pisses me off too but contact me for discounted pricing as always. DREW@DRVTWIN.COM

Drew
Wow! Talk about service. That was quick! Fortunately, I found your email after I read the last post. I sent you an email, so you can look it over when you get a chance, and respond at your convenience.
Just my luck, prices go up when I'm wanting to buy.
Thank you

Old 05-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

As already stated...it aint cheap

It is a high quality product. It fits together without issues, not that I would recommend this but I didnt even test fit, painted and straight on (just had to mess around with the splash/rock guard a little) And trust me when I say I have zero wrenching skills... it went on like a charm
the 2up seat is just fantastic(one broken in)

like most ppl say...its the way it should have left the factory, overall just brilliant

Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 AM
lazyboy09
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about anybody else, but I like how smooth the Russ Wernimont fender looks with the struts molded in. Word is he makes the Heartland pieces and I hear the quality on everything he makes is top notch. The price on this is about half of heartland also.