Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Threw in the towel

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:51 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ride the sled and be proud of the work you have done.

Love that ride man.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont get how in a hurting economy, businesses are not trying their hardest to get actual business. makes no sense. If ride wright, DNA, etc are getting so many orders and the lead times are horrendous.... HIRE more freaking ppl then to get the job done. Sorry, this kinda thing bothers me.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
I dont get how in a hurting economy, businesses are not trying their hardest to get actual business. makes no sense. If ride wright, DNA, etc are getting so many orders and the lead times are horrendous.... HIRE more freaking ppl then to get the job done. Sorry, this kinda thing bothers me.
The lead time is for the tire, not the wheel. I was talking to Sam at RW at Laughlin, he was telling me he had 15 wheels lined up waiting for the Vee Rubber tires. He told me was getting some flown in from Thailand to fill his orders. These tires are normally shipped by freight container to the US. I guess it still takes time to get them flown in with customs and all.

However, custom wheels as such that Ride Wright and DNA make to order always take a little bit of time.

Drew

Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

understandable, but still. They cant find tires anywhere...?, so they have to fly them in from across the world... seems like nonsense that ppl cant get tires now.

im venting, dont mind me. Regardless, i do like your bike, its looks sweet as is. A 21 might look good, but its looks great now.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I would've liked to had seen your sled with a 21". It is truly a beautiful sled as is already.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good choice. Not all of us can run a 21. I'm happy with my 18s.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:53 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too each his own, but I'm not a fan of the 21" on anything but the FX style front.
Just my taste. Your bike is perfect to me.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:17 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
understandable, but still. They cant find tires anywhere...?, so they have to fly them in from across the world... seems like nonsense that ppl cant get tires now.

im venting, dont mind me. Regardless, i do like your bike, its looks sweet as is. A 21 might look good, but its looks great now.
This is only for people who want a 120/21 wide white wall. No one else makes this tire. Period. If you want to run black walls you avhe plenty of choices. It's the white wall thing that makes it take so long, and yes they ahve to be flown half way around the world. Ridiculous, but that is the way it is.

Drew

Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
The Count
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I wish I took your route 2 months ago. I've been waiting on front forks from American Suspension for over 3 months now. Placed my order on January 31st and still dont have em. They charged my card 2 months ago and im already paying interest for something I dont even have. Apparently they can make forks for Paul Jr. and OCC but cant get me some forks any sooner than 4 months.

I think ur bike looks good as is and wouldnt even mess with wheels... save for ur next ride.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Greggle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything happens for a reason. Bike is perfect as is.

Quick Reply: Threw in the towel