Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I mildly retarded for asking this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Am I mildly retarded for asking this?

First off: Thank you guys for all of the help with bike selection…. I have decided to go with the Crossbones.

I know there are a cubic ***** ton of negotiating threads all over the place but I need to know if I am being reasonable or if I am straight up crazy!

I want to preface this with: there are 10 HD dealerships within an hour drive of me (Atlanta) so I have plenty of places to work with. I have established a bit of a relationship with a sales guy at one dealership while kicking tires a few times so I am going to start with him out of respect.

I am going to ask for 15,000 out the door (MSRP of 16,999) and 2,000 in store credit.

If they can’t do the 15k I will increase my store credit accordingly.

If 16 is as low as they go I want 3k in credit ect….

I think I may be a little crazy to ask for that much in credit but I could spin it around and ask for 16k out the door with this:

V&H short shots ($330.00)
RSD air cleaner ($420.00)
Fuel Pack ($280.00)
Jacket ($400)
Lid ($100???)
And a 500 credit….

So am I crazy?

Which approach is better?

Oh and I plan on purchasing within the next 2-3 weeks.

Side note: I know I should post this in the general chat but I kind of like it here....People seem to be more willing to fork over knowledge without being such condescending *** clowns.

Let the beatings commence…..

Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 PM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know but let me know how it pans out.. I paid msrp for my new Lo and figured I was getting a good deal because I didn't have to pay any dealer fees.. of course they financed it for me and got me a good interest rate so I didn't complain..

Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. I got screwed. They saw me coming when my I started drooling over the CrossBones. I ended up paying $2000 over MSRP and no credits!

Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So you want to offer them 14,400 for the bike and get a 2,000 credit? I admire your goal and wish you the best of luck. I think you might have better luck on the accessories option though. Nobody wants to overpay and you can't go down in your price.
Happy shopping!

Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Chevitz
Stage II

good luck with that, i just bought a heritage for msrp less 1500, but i had to pay dealer fees. so basically paid msrp+tax less a few hundred

Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck.

Out here in Cali if you can get MSRP and a card good for $1000 store credit it's a good day and usually this only pops up on leftover bikes from the previous model year.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off, if you're not hellbent on getting a Genuine HD leather coat, you shouldn't be spending $400 on a jacket.. get a nice thick leather coat and a $3 HD patch, get it sewn on the back, bingo-bango you got yourself an HD jacket. Unless you want them to include it in the package, then you're golden.

Secondly, with the way the economy is, they should take something close to that offer. Keeping in mind that the Crossbones will be a discontinued model at the end of this year, so I'm sure they're going to try to get them off the lot as quick as possible.

But like you said, if there's a bunch of HD dealers within a range from you, then you can always say "Okay, well this dealer has a similar Crossbones on their lot, so I'm going to go check that one out instead and see what they will give me".. if they want to deal, they'll deal..and if not..try somewhere else. Good luck

Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Good luck. You never know until you try...

Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with that, but Harley ain't gonna do it.

You might get the $15,000+ and you might get some 10% discounts

Old 05-10-2011, 01:27 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
first off, if you're not hellbent on getting a Genuine HD leather coat, you shouldn't be spending $400 on a jacket.. get a nice thick leather coat and a $3 HD patch, get it sewn on the back, bingo-bango you got yourself an HD jacket. Unless you want them to include it in the package, then you're golden.
Haha....I'm not hell bent on anything just pitching stuff out there. I appreciate the advice!

Quick Reply: Am I mildly retarded for asking this?