Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I mildly retarded for asking this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You best have cash money if you walk in with a deal like that. If not they will most likely let you walk. With what you want they are giving you the bike + the other stuff. If you do it you are the man

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 PM
xDiablox
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rrambo
I don't know but let me know how it pans out.. I paid msrp for my new Lo and figured I was getting a good deal because I didn't have to pay any dealer fees.. of course they financed it for me and got me a good interest rate so I didn't complain..
+1. Agreed.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on that.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Big H
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jed1069
Check inventories on line for each of the dealers and start with the one that has the most of them in stock. Good Luck.
This is a smart tactic. Too many bikes in inventory is bad for them.

Also, the deals are deeper when you literally have cash in hand. You never mentioned whether you will be financing or not so that will play into the decision of the dealer. If they are going to finance you, they will receive points on the back end of the deal laying more cash into their pocket that ends up in your financing. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Also, it was brought up that looking at a used motorcycle might work for you too. There are many people who are in unfortunate circumstances and are selling their bikes for a deep loss. Some of these bikes are super low mileage, darn near showroom stock, and the savings is worth looking in to.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracker56
I agree with the others...it will all depend on the market for the x-bones in your area. If the're not moving, you have a little leverage. Good luck!
+1 I think the only way you could save that much on a new bike is if you find one that has been collecting dust on the floor for a few months.

Not to hijack, but I can't believe HD would pull the plug on the Bones so quick.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
haman66
Novice

cash wont do anything they get paid from the bank best to find the dealer with the most in stock thats your best shot at a deal gl

Old 05-10-2011, 11:06 PM
BudCle
Intermediate

Similar as many have had.. Walked in to a small dealership not looking to purchase, found the rocker I liked on the showroom floor. Told them my they laughed and I said if you change your mind give me a call.. Two months later what was I driving from the dealer, my new rocker...

Be willing to walk and don't be eager... Eagerness means more money out of your pocket..

Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 AM
hdmike1969
Tourer

if you dont try youll never know...good luck...

Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Cash is not always good! I walked in to the dealer with $17,500 in my pocket. I told the sales guy I was dealing with that I want that black and white Deluxe and I have $16,500 on me right now. This was in August....and he said no way. The MSRP on it is $17,464...so then I said $17,500 out the door....I don't care how you get it there and after 10 minutes they agreed. MSRP out the door was good I thought....and they thew in a free rider's edge class for the following weekend.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Wow, if you asked a dealer for that here you'd get laughed at. You better have cash if you want them to come even close to that.

Quick Reply: Am I mildly retarded for asking this?