Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I mildly retarded for asking this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Store credit? My dealer wouldn't even give a discount on parts, said it was a separate part of the business.

I fell for it.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
loadmastermike
Advanced

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I paid msrp and financed through my bank. The douches at Harley were totally unwilling to cut a deal. Best of luck can't wait to see how it works for you. Excellent choice by the way Ive put just over 7k on my xbones in the past year.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loadmastermike
Sounds like you have it all figured out. I paid msrp and financed through my bank. The douches at Harley were totally unwilling to cut a deal. Best of luck can't wait to see how it works for you. Excellent choice by the way Ive put just over 7k on my xbones in the past year.
you know, I think every dealer is different with regards to financing.. I had heard the horror stories about getting financing through the dealer and so I looked at local credit unions and banks first... come to find out, I got better financing through the dealer.. of course it wasn't with HD's EagleMark or whatever it was called... the dealer ran it through several different lenders and got me the best deal..

Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
felixsum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your willing to walk away, it might work. I was willing to walk away and instead got 250 in store credit, the MSF course (which came with 50 more in credit), 20% off every accessory for a year, and cutsom paint (an expensive limited set) on the bike. I paid MSRP and no extra fees. It was about 20% off the grand total.

If you don't care they will try to deal, but they can smell desire a mile away.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior

It's getting close to '2011' time. Just might work. When I bought my Heritage in 2009 I didn't like their offer, made one about $3000 less and they took that. Anything can work. Good luck.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:44 PM
SJ58
Road Warrior

Make your offer. All they can do is say no. Be ready to walk out then and try another dealer. You never know. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
gotflexxj
Novice

Good luck with what you have in mind. I know around the Dallas area we are lucky to get MSRP with no extra fees and 10% off parts the day of purchase. Post how it comes out for you and I might have to drive there to get my next one.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
jed1069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really think the only thing you have going against you are all the rumors that the x bones is about to be discontinued. Check inventories on line for each of the dealers and start with the one that has the most of them in stock. Good Luck.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Tracker56
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I agree with the others...it will all depend on the market for the x-bones in your area. If the're not moving, you have a little leverage. Good luck!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When I bought my Deuce I went to the dealer with old jeans and a torn tee shirt and sneekers that should have been burned. I asked how much for the new deuce sitting there. Well I got the blow off and eyes rolling. So I said, I will give you $16,500 cash right now ( cash- not a check) and you give me V&H pipes and the tune for free. Well the lady said sure- you give me the cash and we have a deal ( not thinking I could pull it off). Went to my trunk and out came a tan bag with the cash in it in full and you should have seen her face when I put it on her desk. Left with my ride and all goodies. Still get a kick out of it to this day.
Don't forget the dealers are paying insurance on everything on the lot so if you play them as they play you it could be done. You can always say that dealer A will sell me it for$$$ and dealer B will do $$ and so on.

Quick Reply: Am I mildly retarded for asking this?