Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C seat- what am I doing wrong

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011 | 08:43 PM
Hot Rod King
|
Tourer
Default C&C seat- what am I doing wrong

ok finally got around to putting on my c&c solo seat but I cant seem to get it on there right. I see it has the tab on the front that goes in like the oem one but it has a tab on each side that has a hole in the tab. Do those just slide in to the sides where it seems there is some space ? Or do I have to remove those bolts that are holding the chrome trim piece on the side and then slide those tabs on it ? It cant be that hard right ? Thanks

Last edited by Hot Rod King; 05-06-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-06-2011 | 08:46 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like the wrong seat for your year model bike. Yours should have a bolt tab at the rear of the seat. But I could be wrong. Does your fender have a hole in it for a bolt? Did your stock seat bolt on the sides or at the back?

Last edited by ghostrider69; 05-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-06-2011 | 08:55 PM
Hot Rod King
|
Tourer

receipt from dr vtwin shows 2006 deuce but the oem seat didnt have side bolt tabs. Only has the front tongue thing and the rear spring bolt. it didnt come with directions so I thought it would pop right in.

Old 05-06-2011 | 08:56 PM
RedBen
Cruiser

I'm guessing it's the wrong seat too. I have an '03 FXST that does have bolts on the sides. But they're dedicated bolts for seats that attach that way like my bare bones solo did.

Old 05-06-2011 | 08:57 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

On the frame in front of the struts there are holes for the seat to bolt to the frame. These holes sometimes have plastic plugs in them depending on the year and model of the bike. My fatboy does not have the soloseat bolt to the fender so it bolts on the side. I had to get some bolts from the dealer to attach the seat. How does your stock seat attach and is there a hole in your fender for the back of the solo?

Drew

Old 05-06-2011 | 09:07 PM
Hot Rod King
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
On the frame in front of the struts there are holes for the seat to bolt to the frame. These holes sometimes have plastic plugs in them depending on the year and model of the bike. My fatboy does not have the soloseat bolt to the fender so it bolts on the side. I had to get some bolts from the dealer to attach the seat. How does your stock seat attach and is there a hole in your fender for the back of the solo?

Drew
there is a space where the side bolt tabs look like they slide into but they dont b/c the bolt for the chrome trim is there. Hence why I thought it had to be removed and bolted with the seat. Stock seat has the tongue on the front and the springy bolt that goes into the rear fender. There is nothing on the back of solo seat at all.

Old 05-06-2011 | 09:13 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

Does the fender have another hole in it at the back of where the solo seat would set? Maybe a plastic plug. Can you post a close pic of the side of the frame where the seat looks like it should bolt? From your sig pic it looks like the chrome trim piece you are referring to is actually the fender strut.

Old 05-06-2011 | 09:15 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

If your fender struts are held on to the frame by 2 bolts on each side you should have a third bolt hole (on each side) just in front of those 2 bolts. From looking at your sig pic it doesn't look like you have any chrome there...

Old 05-06-2011 | 09:35 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been looking at a few Deuce pics and I bet you have to remove the front bolt that you are referring to in the fender strut. The Deuce seat mount seems to be a little different than other Softails. But I could be wrong.

Old 05-06-2011 | 10:30 PM
Hot Rod King
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
I have been looking at a few Deuce pics and I bet you have to remove the front bolt that you are referring to in the fender strut. The Deuce seat mount seems to be a little different than other Softails. But I could be wrong.
here is a pic of the chrome bolt thing I was saying and a pic of the underside of the seat

Attached Thumbnails C&C seat- what am I doing wrong-frame-pic.jpg   C&C seat- what am I doing wrong-cc-seat.jpg  

Quick Reply: C&C seat- what am I doing wrong