Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low-profile Chrome Fuel Tank Console on Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011 | 09:24 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by studiopeg
I got my stock seat on just as you guys said to do it, bend the tongue a little and bend the seat in the middle. Worked great, thanks all.

I dropped off my Ride Wright Fat Daddy wheels at the new mechanics this morning. Walked in, there was no one around. Heard them going over my bike in the next room, went in, and all I heard was:

"What kind of f-ing manufacturer makes f-ing pink spark plug wires? What kind of f-ing person wants to ruin a Harley by painting it f-ing pink? What the f---!!"

It wasn't the mechanic (who has been very professional), it was one of his guys.

I cleared my throat and they all turned around.

Most of us know that having a custom bike is about making it your own, what YOU want it to be. Lots of guys make theirs into skulls and **** and flames and death. I don't like any of that but I don't diss their choices, it's what they want their bike to be.

It sucked hearing his comments, but I supposed I'd better get used to it. A pink Harley just seems to set some guys off. I suppose they consider it sacrilege. I just hope I don't run into someone who hates it so much they decide to scratch it or tip it.
I wouldn't worry about what anyone says.....opinions are like bungholes....everyone has one and the all stink!

He was probably jealous that his wife/woman doesn't have a passion for riding and Harleys. I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago with my wife and I wanted her to look at the pink Sportster.....I wish she wanted to ride!

You could have made him feel like a real *******....you should have told him it was for breast cancer!

Old 05-11-2011 | 09:51 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
You could have made him feel like a real *******....you should have told him it was for breast cancer!
Yeah... a couple of people have suggested I have that reply ready for the next time I run into such comments. And in fact I do have a breast cancer ribon horn cover. I think I will say that from now on, should shut em up

Old 05-12-2011 | 08:57 PM
likestoride
|
Advanced

Ordered the low profile console thanks to all of you. Arrived today and installed it tonight. Looks great. Will post pictures soon.

Old 05-25-2011 | 12:16 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

I can't post many more pics than this because the bike is not ready for final pics yet ... but here's some of the low profile console on my Deluxe.

Old 05-26-2011 | 09:47 AM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain

I can't post many more pics than this because the bike is not ready for final pics yet ... but here's some of the low profile console on my Deluxe.

Way Kool!

Old 05-26-2011 | 10:41 AM
t stone
Road Master

Wow, What little we can see it looks sick. You have spent a lot of time and $$ on this one. Cant wait to see the whole sled. Looks killer.

Stone

Old 05-26-2011 | 03:18 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Can you guys that have this fitted, confirm if it is the same width as the standard console and leather pad on the tank, reason is, I'm worried that if its narrower, and my tank may have rubbing marks on it from the leather, then it wouldnt look too good.

Old 05-30-2011 | 10:58 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
Can you guys that have this fitted, confirm if it is the same width as the standard console and leather pad on the tank, reason is, I'm worried that if its narrower, and my tank may have rubbing marks on it from the leather, then it wouldnt look too good.
I don't have my original console but I do have the original leather tank panel. Here is a pic of that panel on top of the console. Don't know if this will help...

Attached Thumbnails Low-profile Chrome Fuel Tank Console on Deluxe-console.jpg  
Old 05-30-2011 | 12:46 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

I don't have my original console but I do have the original leather tank panel. Here is a pic of that panel on top of the console. Don't know if this will help...
Thanks for that, it does look a little smaller, I have one on order and I'm going to look under my leather pad tonight, I hope the paint isnt scuffed.

The tank console looks killer and cant wait to get mine, should go with the chrome forks that are getting fitted on the 10th, I also have front and rear calipers ordered.

Old 05-30-2011 | 02:22 PM
bcsnave
Intermediate
Default Anyone got their old dash?

my wife needs a softail deluxe dash...( i ran hers over today)............if anyone has their old one ...I will take it

Please let me know...soon!

Quick Reply: Low-profile Chrome Fuel Tank Console on Deluxe