Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally got one.. now my head is about to explode!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
toxicstang99
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I finally got one.. now my head is about to explode!!

Hey Everyone! Well, I finally did it. After changing my mind from buying a bike, to having someone make my old sportster a rigid, I did it. The deal is done and I'll be picking up my delixue tomorrow. I can't freakin wait! It isn't new, but I think I got a reasonable deal, and feel good with what they are giving me on my trade. I'll post pictures soon, but it's an '09 Blue Deluxe with 6,500 miles and has what looks like V&H slip ons and a stage 1.

Only problem is, I have a headache. There is SOOO much information from you guys that I'm going crazy! I want to spend another 10K fixing it up now from all the amazing bikes I've seen on here. Some basic questions though....

I'm a large guy, 6'4" 250 lbs. Well, the seat is huge I think... any suggestions on a low profile seat, that will scoot my butt back and down a couple inches?

Also, since it's fuel injected, do I need to find a tune for every little thing I do to it. It has the stock air cleaner, and I want to swap that out but it looks like I have to change the tune just for that.

Looking for ward to learning EVERYTHING you have to offer! Safe riding ya'll!!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the badlander seat will move you down and back. it isn't the most comfortable seat. I have done 500 miles days on it though. congrats.....as for the tune, you will need to do something for it if you change the A/C. Other than A/C, exhaust and the tune, unless you are making other motor mods like cams, big bore kit, etc you won't have to retune. get it set up so you feel good riding it before you do any of that. seat, bars, stuff like that.....

Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
SMF
Banned

Im rocking the le pera barbones about as low as youll be going bro congrats of the new ride.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on the new Bike. But this freaking forum is going to cost you your left nut and then some. LOL Enjoy it and have fun making it yours.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Congrats! You need a C&C solo. It will move you 1" lower and 2" back. Check out mine with a diamond stitch pattern. I can get you anything you need at a discount. Some suggestions without seeing pics are a Shotgun Shock, some kind of different bars, rims, etc. Feel free to PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM for pricing. i will be out of town from Thu-Sun but will get back to you as soon as I return.

Drew

Old 04-27-2011, 02:15 AM
County98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You said "Slip ons and a stage one".

If you already have any flavor of high flow air cleaner you wont need to re-tune swapping it our for something you like better. If it's a stock air filter, you'll need a re-tune or will be too lean.

Only really need to tune if you change how much air your engine can push in or out. As long as your plugs arent showing you running really lean, you'll be fine.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 AM
toxicstang99
Cruiser

Thanks ya'll.

Brett, you're right. I'm gonna focus on the comforts first. Have been thinking 18" apes or drags with 10" risers. not sure. I'm worried about the long term comfortability of the apes. What does A/C mean? Air/Compression?

Dr. V-twin, WOW! what a gorgeous bike! Thanks for the input!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A/C = Air Cleaner.

I say ride it and find where you have problems first.

Some of us like to drop down and back in the seat and others like the tallboy seats that pick you up a bit further from the controls so you don't feel like your knees are in your chest.

I put cyclevisions go forward brackets on my foot boards and it made a huge difference in my comfort. It pushes the boards and controls 2" or so forward. 2" on our bikes is a huge move too.

Ride it, and think about what is not you and work one or two mods at a time until you get it comfortable. Then start tweaking yourself into a hot ride.

Congrats on the new ride.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 AM
KeeBee
Road Master

I just got a C&C seat last month. Loving it. The seat does move you back giving you more room. Also puts you closer to the ground.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with fcsallan ride it first then see what changes you need to feel comfortable. And congrats on your new ride.

Quick Reply: I finally got one.. now my head is about to explode!!