Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally pulled the trigger

I called the Doctor and order the Shotgun Shock and Progressive Monotubes today. I could no longer fight the urge to get them. I figured since I currently have the tank pulled for a bar swap, I might as well do the front forks. And if I'm going to do the front, I might as well do the rear. I held off on the Ride Wright's for now as I am still trying to feel the whole tire situation out. Tomorrow I am going to order mirrors and foot controls and hopefull decide on some 1" risers. I'm looking for something in the Carlini High Roller mold. Once I get that nailed down I can order my cables. Our first bike night of the year is May 5th, so I am hoping to have it road ready by then. Pictures and thoughts to follow.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It's funny how fast **** happens. Cables, bars, risers, air ride, seat, heads, jugs, cams, air cleaner, pipes, thundermax, ride wrights, tires, powdercoat etc.etc..
It's nice to see someone else spend money lol. I have a spending problem too.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Me too. I should just get paid in motorcycle parts. I would not have to go to the bank.

Drew

Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would work for parts....

Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn stephen, what kind of bars you goin with? I think Im gonna wait on wheels too, or at least until the tires become availbale.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the madness. I was done for the year a few weeks ago. Them I bought floorboards last night, lol

Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Milty
It's funny how fast **** happens. Cables, bars, risers, air ride, seat, heads, jugs, cams, air cleaner, pipes, thundermax, ride wrights, tires, powdercoat etc.etc..
It's nice to see someone else spend money lol. I have a spending problem too.
Milty, Its called addiction. Im Troy and im an addict. We all have this problem. Hell I have my Harley, a sled, and a jeep I do this **** with. I am signing up for rehab very soon.
Stone

Old 04-25-2011, 09:43 PM
TNB
Road Master

I keep thinking seat, shocks, and then wheels....

Old 04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser

I went with the new Carlini Evil Knuckles. I've already got them wired and and ready to go back on the bike. I was going to buy all this stuff over the winter, but with my wrist in a cast and unsure if I'd be able to ride, I was reluctant to spend. Now I'm in prime mode. I imagine I will pick up the wheels before June gets here. I will go with the DB tires if the Vee's aren't readily available.

On the plus side, I think I decided on the Joker Machine Billet Risers. Drew, you guys able to get those for me?

Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
SUUIE
Road Master

Originally Posted by IceColdDeluxe
I called the Doctor and order the Shotgun Shock and Progressive Monotubes today. I could no longer fight the urge to get them. I figured since I currently have the tank pulled for a bar swap, I might as well do the front forks. And if I'm going to do the front, I might as well do the rear. I held off on the Ride Wright's for now as I am still trying to feel the whole tire situation out. Tomorrow I am going to order mirrors and foot controls and hopefull decide on some 1" risers. I'm looking for something in the Carlini High Roller mold. Once I get that nailed down I can order my cables. Our first bike night of the year is May 5th, so I am hoping to have it road ready by then. Pictures and thoughts to follow.
Please review the monotubes when you can. I'm currently saving for them and chrome lowers.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the trigger