Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deluxe with blackwall tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: deluxe with blackwall tires

CincyMat,
I can tell you I was hesitant to switch from my V&H BigShots. I was afraid of how the 2-1 would look. After I did it I love the looks. I think they are old school looks and fit the Deluxe better then any other pipes I have seen. Of course this is my opinion only. BUT, the best thing is the sound is WAY deeper and throaty then the bigshots were. Sounds like a HD should. Not obnoxious but very nice. The performance difference was way more then I ever expected. I may be imagining it, but they seemed to help almost as much as my 95" kit did. No flat spots at all anymore. I highly recommend a 2 into 1. I have heard very good reports from others on these forums about other 2 into 1 as well. The D&D Fatcat gets high reveiws as well. You will never regret the change to 2 into 1 pipes, I promise.

ORIGINAL: CincyMAT

IReady,

Looks real good. How do you like the 2 into 1 exhaust?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
CincyMAT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are your 2 into 1's made by Vance and Hines?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:19 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Iready the blackwalls do look good on your bike i put them on my bike in photoshop and my bike looked real meen like a real road hog got me thinking about it changes the look so much

Old 10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
IRready
Road Master

Yes, they are the V&H Pro Pipes. If you decide to get these pipes, they will try to sell you a performance baffle. Do not buy it. It is the same baffle that comes stock, all you do is remove the baffle, then remove the cap that is tack welded on. Total time is 10 minutes with standard tools. These pipes sound very good IMO. I like the D&D Fatcats also, but the rear of the pipe on the Fatcats are bigger in diameter, too big I think on the Deluxe models.

ORIGINAL: CincyMAT

Are your 2 into 1's made by Vance and Hines?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 PM
IRready
Road Master

It would be hard to make your bike look any better then is does right now!

ORIGINAL: nikonf8

Iready the blackwalls do look good on your bike i put them on my bike in photoshop and my bike looked real meen like a real road hog got me thinking about it changes the look so much

Old 10-23-2006, 12:01 AM
nikonf8
Supporter

Thank You Iready it always is a great feeling when another biker saids something positive about your ride

Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, then it's a good day again - Nikon, I think your bike looks great. I like the whitewalls, the pipes (space between them very old school. Love the color, the seat, the wheels. Don't change a thing. I've said this before - if I could park another bike in the garage with my Deuce to do longer distance, it would be a D-lux or a Road King. Either way, it would look a lot like yours...

Old 10-23-2006, 08:31 PM
nikonf8
Supporter

Thank you nine11c2 its always a pleasure to get a compliment from a fellow rider. Yea I would not change to black walls I think the deluxe looks best with the white walls more of the old school look. When I first seen the deluxe I knew I had to have one and was thinking of the black cheery. I had to wait awhile to get one so I started to think about the black and white. there had not been a black and white Harley done for some time and it really gives the deluxe more of a nostalgic look. I am really glad I got the black and white deluxe I see a lot of deluxe around but I have mine close to where I want it stands out a little over the stock bikes but my goal was to have it. I still have a few things to do like chrome all my foot peg hardware and the little things that make a bike special. If I have a good season selling this holiday I may go off the deep end I am actually running out of things to do. I could have had a second bike with the money I have into this ride.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM
VetteSiNz
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 100%!

Old 10-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Bluerose

I'm gonna stay with the whitewalls on mine....the blue and white just screems for them.

Quick Reply: deluxe with blackwall tires