Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much for indy to swap wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:56 AM
County98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
On the 2000 up bikes...Harley changed the hubs on the wheels every time the wind blew...so most aftermarket wheels are not a simple bolt on...they require some degree of mock-up and custom spacing. Not a big deal for any shop that does it for a living...but they have probably had enough problems installing custom wheels that they don't want to fool with it, if they don't have enough "cushion" in the price to make a few bucks. Good Luck and have fun on your big bike trip.
I can understand them padding it a little for worst case scenario, these are SUPPOSED to be fully set up. correct bearings in, spacers all included, etc.

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
My guy charged me $75. I was happy with that.
This is more in line with what I was thinking. I figured for under a hundred, it would be one less thing I had to do and would have piece of mind I didnt miss something and find out 1000 miles from home, lol.

I'm all for supporting the local guys, but just came in at over twice as much as I thought they'd say. Didnt know if it was a bigger job than I thought.

Thanks for the replies brothers.