Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay....WTF, now what do I do? (Carlini Risers Issue)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011 | 08:05 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

Well....maybe down the line, I'll buy another set of High Rollers and give them a shot....but the dealer is going to put the Big Buffalo risers from Drag on....

with the one piece top clamp....

]

I might actually like the look....I'll let you know if I get it back before its time to put it away for winter.

Old 04-23-2011 | 08:45 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

glad its getting worked out for ya.

Old 04-23-2011 | 08:49 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

I'm trying to find pics of a bike with these risers on them....no luck!

I know they are pretty hefty looking from the few pics I've seen.

Old 04-23-2011 | 08:51 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

The one thing that really resonates about the Carlini's is the set screw. The bars have no knurling. I am interested to see how this turns out.

Drew

Old 04-23-2011 | 09:43 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The one thing that really resonates about the Carlini's is the set screw. The bars have no knurling. I am interested to see how this turns out.

Drew
True, but the high rollers are the only ones with the set screws. The Boob, Bra and Diamond risers don't have them.

Do you think they are gonna move?

Old 04-23-2011 | 10:02 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Crap I better send my boob risers back. They do have the set screw so must be a design error.

Old 04-23-2011 | 11:54 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

I didn't think the Boob risers had them.....

Old 04-23-2011 | 12:40 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member

Their picture doesn't show it, but they do.
The Piston riser also has them and that you can see on their posted picture.
Since the Bra looks to use the same lower parts as the Boob, I'd bet they also come with the set screws.

Old 04-25-2011 | 07:54 AM
hksigman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
I'm not sure what the problem is......but it should be taken care of. Maybe they have a bad batch of chrome? I would really like to use the high roller risers....but the other option I have is the Big Buffalo risers from Drag....

The Dealer ordered the Big Buffalo riser with the single piece top clamp......although Carlini is supposed to contact them. All I know is this crap is really making me not like the bike....5 weeks in total for bars and risers. I'm done with the dealer and Carlini. I wish I went Wild 1s and their risers....
Im trying to understand why you are blaming Carlini and saying that you are done with Carlini.If you look at what Carlini has done- stand behind their product by replacing the risers no questions asked. Im sure Carlini even sent the replacement risers before the defective ones were returned

I have more Carlini products on my bikes and personally dealt with TJ on several occassions. I have found him to be passionate about his products and stands behind them 100%.

I had a set of Carlini Cleansweeps on my roadking. I mentioned to him after 3 years that i had rust in the welds. Without hesitation he asked me which style of replacement bars i wanted, sent them to me with a return shipping label so that after swapping out the bars i would return the bars with rust in the weld seams.

I have never had another handlebar dealer 3 years after the purchase offer to do that no questions asked.

As others have stated, it sounds like your mechanic an shop are in the wrong not the product.

Old 04-25-2011 | 08:44 AM
Nicky Pass
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hksigman
Im trying to understand why you are blaming Carlini and saying that you are done with Carlini.If you look at what Carlini has done- stand behind their product by replacing the risers no questions asked. Im sure Carlini even sent the replacement risers before the defective ones were returned

I have more Carlini products on my bikes and personally dealt with TJ on several occassions. I have found him to be passionate about his products and stands behind them 100%.

I had a set of Carlini Cleansweeps on my roadking. I mentioned to him after 3 years that i had rust in the welds. Without hesitation he asked me which style of replacement bars i wanted, sent them to me with a return shipping label so that after swapping out the bars i would return the bars with rust in the weld seams.

I have never had another handlebar dealer 3 years after the purchase offer to do that no questions asked.

As others have stated, it sounds like your mechanic an shop are in the wrong not the product.
I'm just frustrated. I'm pissed about both Carlini and The dealer. I just want the thing back with the apes on it!