Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe-Relocate License Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Kozy22, that is a sweet looking Deluxe. Is that Red Hot Sunglo? yeah, now I am mulling around what to do about illuminating the plate if I move it below the tombstone.....elaborate more on how you did yours if you will please. Also does the stock plate bracket separate from the tombstone or am I also now looking at replacing the actual tail light itself?

Thanks, yes it red hot sunglo.

You can use the stock tombstone, but it will have a small square lip on the top. I'd say just get the new tombstone too.

I did mine without a lift. You can get your hands up between the fender and tire. You'll need a deep socket wrench for the three bolts holding the light harness on. It's pretty simple, but a pain in the a$$. after that had my brother splice in the bolt lights. It looked easy too.

check this out too. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ll-how-to.html

Last edited by kozy22; 04-20-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
billsantos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Softbrake and Radiantz.. turn signals red lenses and work as extra tail, stop lights also..Plate light is more blue than pic shows and is very visible

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deluxe-Relocate License Bracket?-sband-rad.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Originally Posted by billsantos
Softbrake and Radiantz.. turn signals red lenses and work as extra tail, stop lights also..Plate light is more blue than pic shows and is very visible
Yep, the run/brake/turn module is a must!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 PM
09 deluxe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Yep, the run/brake/turn module is a must!
+1 on that!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 09 deluxe
+1 on that!
Now that's a seat set up I've been wanting to see.. I've been thinking of dropping the passenger pillow but was having a hard time visualizing how it would look.. You got a bib on there ? If not, what'd you do about the fender holes ?. Also what brand swing arm bag is that ? Thanks

Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 AM
09 deluxe
Advanced

Now that's a seat set up I've been wanting to see.. I've been thinking of dropping the passenger pillow but was having a hard time visualizing how it would look.. You got a bib on there ? If not, what'd you do about the fender holes ?. Also what brand swing arm bag is that ? Thanks
I'm running a harley fender bib and the bag is a leatherworks 5" bag. Absolutely love the bag!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 09 deluxe
I'm running a harley fender bib and the bag is a leatherworks 5" bag. Absolutely love the bag!
Perfect, so one more question then. That's the bib I intend to go with also, 'IF'... It doesn't look like it's on in your sig pic. I want to leave the protective film on the fender so i can put the pass seat back on as needed.. Does the bib cover the film completely, or if you removed the film, do you think the bib would have covered it ?.. I do not want to remove that protective film, and of course my local HD dealers don't have a bib instock so I can check.. Not gonna order one until I know it will cover it completely. Thanks again...

Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Perfect, so one more question then. That's the bib I intend to go with also, 'IF'... It doesn't look like it's on in your sig pic. I want to leave the protective film on the fender so i can put the pass seat back on as needed.. Does the bib cover the film completely, or if you removed the film, do you think the bib would have covered it ?.. I do not want to remove that protective film, and of course my local HD dealers don't have a bib instock so I can check.. Not gonna order one until I know it will cover it completely. Thanks again...
Rather than put something on the fender, I'm going to hot glue some felt to the bottom of the passenger seat pad.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM
09 deluxe
Advanced

I'm not sure about the protective film ai removed that

Old 04-21-2011, 08:54 AM
09 deluxe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Rather than put something on the fender, I'm going to hot glue some felt to the bottom of the passenger seat pad.
That's what I did...it works great. I removed the protective film before I got the bib. I will try and take pics later of a close up of the bib, but I think it was designed to cover the film...

Quick Reply: Softail Deluxe-Relocate License Bracket?