Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fule gauge problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:46 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: fule gauge problem

speaking of lemon laws. i found out that a lot of dealers will not give you paper work when you bring in your bike for a problem they just say all set this is bull you have to request it because if you bring your bike back three times for the same problem you are eligible but you have to have it documented with paper work. the dealers up here are shroud they will not give you paper work if you have a chronic problem this is the reason

Old 10-22-2006, 03:04 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Then they are not too bright, any half assed lawyer would have them over a barrel in half a heart beat. It may not matter to them if they don't give you paperwork. But they have to show, on paper, the mechanics time if they ever hope to get any money from HD for covered warrenty work. Those kind of records are BY LAW available to anyone with the proper court ordered request. And woe betide the dealer who decides not to cooperate by forking over the proper work orders and time records.
Judges tend to frown "heavily" on people who ignore court orders, its classified as showing contempt of court and judges have extrordinarily broad powers in that case to toss people in jail for whatever length of time they like. Its totaly legal and entirely up to the judge, there is no trial, jury, or appeal for that matter. If they say lock him up, all you'll hear is the baliff saying "yes sir two bags full".

Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me get this straight...you take your show-quality bike in to the dealer's service dept. running good with only a fuel guage problem, a "tech" fiddles with something under the dash and now it won't run, he doesn't know what he did to it, and now you have to wait on the "head tech" to figure it out??? I'd be HOT![:@] The guy did something to cause your bike to quit running and he has no idea what he did?? I can hear it now..."Im not really a Harley Davidson mechanic, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn last night"

Old 10-22-2006, 02:45 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

What I do not understand there where two tech's on duty and the service manager and they could not get my bike running. What the hell kind of place is this. Any one there should have been able to trouble shoot the problem. It seems like they did not want to take the time they had other people waiting to get something done one tech was off and another had to leave his dog had to be put down. What really pissed me off was I had a defective compressor on my air ride replaced and the bike was there the head tech worked on the bike and the service manager forgot to tell him about the fuel gauge. I picked the bike up road down the road saw the gauge was still stuck I called on my cell he said bring it back went back and that was it. Had he told the tech who had replaced my compressor who is the head tech I would not have been bikeless this beautiful weekend. I was told the flue gauge was a twenty minute deal yea sure turns out it will now be at least four days they are closed Monday. talk about customer service this is as bad as it gets screw me out of one of the last few good weekend here in Connecticut

Old 10-22-2006, 03:16 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I think its time, past time to get hold of someone in HD headquarters. Do what my wife did and call the president of the company, the CEO, whoever it is that takes home the biggest paycheck. I doubt you'll get him but you can give it a shot, the wife did get the president, still not sure how she did that trick.
After that you can start to get really ugly, don't fart around start raising hell with them about the qualifications of people who are allowed to work on their bikes, and what the hell they are doing to them when they do.
You probably won't get far, but they will have to make at least a token effort to find out what's going on. If somebody screwed up, as I suspect, they will find out and address it damn quick. Its in their best interest to see you get a fair shake. With the ready avalability of mass communications, like this and other forums its WAY too easy for bad news about products or services to spread out of their control.