Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Cover or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bike Cover or Not?

I normally would not cover my bike, but I travel for long periods of time for work and the bike sits for a month at a time. That still would not make me cover it, but I bought an older house and the previous own vented the clothes dryer into the garage, which means over time, a nice layer of lint particles settles over the floor and of course on the bike. I used a king size fitted sheet to go over the apes. It does the job, but I don't really like covering it at all. Anyway, anyone else cover your bike in the garage? If so, why?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:13 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same as you, only in the winter when it sits for a long time. Keeps the dust off. I do have a cloth motorcycle cover but a sheet works just as well.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I recently bought a cover from a member on here. Used to think I didn't need one at all. I have a detached, heated garage, with epoxied floor. Concrete driveway, with no gravel or bare dirt anywhere near it. I keep the garage immaculately clean, not becaues I don't work in it, I build a lot of stuff in there.

You just can't keep dust out of a garage, that the overhead doors open daily. Dust is dirt, and dirt is little rocks. Don't need that laying on paint anymore than necessary. Do yourself a favor and cover the bike.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Tracker56
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a cloth cover that I use in my garage just to keep the dust off if I'm not going to be riding it for a while.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
SJ58
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an HD indoor/outdoor cover for my Heritage. I use it in the garage to keep the sawdust and greasy fingerprints off of it

Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I may have to get another sheet to cut and have my wife sew two together. That way it fits better over my apesl Its good for now though.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Warg check out Exigent Bike Covers. They make a dust cover for Apes. I just received mine last week and its Awesome. I have 18 inch apes and its goes over the apes and has elastic bands on the bottom to go all the way over your tires also. I bought one because My bike is in a basement now, so theres alot of dust. I got tired of wiping it off, but now the cover eliminates that. I paid $60 for the cover with shipping. Well made and very Soft, wont scratch your sled either. They also make a Rain cover, but since mine is indoors, the dust cover was perfect. You wont be disappointed

Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
chiefe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warg

My suggestion is to vent the dryer to the outside. I know in most municipalities venting into the garage doesn't comply code.
Cheers!

Old 04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by chiefe
Warg

My suggestion is to vent the dryer to the outside. I know in most municipalities venting into the garage doesn't comply code.
Cheers!
Yeah, I'm working on that, but its in a weird spot, so I haven't quite figured it out yet. I'm finding a lot of stuff that is not up to code, LOL.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by CountryDeluxe
Hey Warg check out Exigent Bike Covers. They make a dust cover for Apes. I just received mine last week and its Awesome. I have 18 inch apes and its goes over the apes and has elastic bands on the bottom to go all the way over your tires also. I bought one because My bike is in a basement now, so theres alot of dust. I got tired of wiping it off, but now the cover eliminates that. I paid $60 for the cover with shipping. Well made and very Soft, wont scratch your sled either. They also make a Rain cover, but since mine is indoors, the dust cover was perfect. You wont be disappointed
Thanks, that sounds great.

Quick Reply: Bike Cover or Not?