Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer classic or deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 09:08 AM
ggold
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default springer classic or deluxe

A dealer in my area is making me an awesome deal on a 06 springer classic, can't decide between that or the 06 deluxe they have, deal not as good. I love the old school look. Any opinions between the 2 bikes like them both, thanks.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:51 AM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: springer classic or deluxe

Ahhh....that was a decision I had to contemplate as well...Springer or Deluxe (my two fave's)!!! My salesman highly recommended to Deluxe to me and said primarily the biggest difference is the front end. I would try reading up on the pros and cons of the Springer front end... It I could have it MY way, I would have one of each.... Good Luck in your decision..renting both may also be an option depending on your dealer.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:11 AM
bone2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone seems to love both bikes. both are beutiful.

Not too many get the Springer though. ????

My first choice was the Dluxe. After countless Visits to all the dealers in my area. (There are 5 and they all knew me by name before a purchase). I went with the springer classic. I looked at both in various colors, test road both, backed off and gave myself time to reflect. yada yada yada.

Over time it was clear to me the Deluxe was pretty. The springer was Gorgeous.

I've read into all the stuff about the front end being to heavy and not handling as well. Some say the springer front end is far supperior to the tubes. I am not looking to become the next softail baja champion. I want a bike I love.
The front end IS hevier...... Go to the dealer and sit on it. Move it around. You will see a difference but if the springer is not overly difficult for you to handle it is not something to worry about.

Everytime I see a Deluxe on the road or at an event I love my Springer Classic even more.

good luck

George

Old 10-21-2006, 11:26 AM
jimhd89
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ggold They are both great bikes. I own the springer classic because I like the look and you don't see them everywhere. This hog will do it in style but it is no race bike,or corner carver. Both bikes loaded with gear and two up will run all day at 80. They sit low and handle fine as long as you respect them as crusers. Like most big hogs they will scrape floorboards and tailpipes. Good luck with your own personal choice,the springer classic works for me.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:09 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I vote for the springer. there are too amny deluxe's out there.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:20 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They are both great looking bikes. Myself Im a Springer fan. Im on my second Springer , the first was a 93 FX and now I have a 05 Classic. Itā€™s a great bike Iā€™ve run 400-500mi days no problem. There are some out there that donā€™t seem to think to much of the springer front end but I will pretty much guarantee they havenā€™t spent much time on one of the newer Springers. So it pretty much comes down to pick which one you like the best and go with it.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

Definitely the springer. Delux is nice, very nice in fact. But the Springer is better. For all the reasons that everyone has said.
BA

Old 10-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Hardley riding
Road Captain

If there is a chance you could ride a springer first I think that would make your mind up. I am not saying you would definitely pick the Deluxe or the Springer, put you are either going to like the front on the springer or not. I did not and went with the deluxe others feel the exact opposite.

The looks of both are great but the ride is what really matters.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:32 PM
IRready
Road Master

Both are great bikes, but I choose the Deluxe because I think the ride is superior and I personally like the looks of the Deluxe better. But that is an individual preference. There are a lot of Deluxes around, and that is good or bad depending on how you look at it. There must be some reason they sell so easily. You can't go wrong with whatever you choose, but YOU have to choose for you, not anyone else.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:21 PM
duarteserrao
6th Gear

Springer is a "MUST" ride one and you will see if I m right!?
I have a "Heritage Springer EVO Engine" I love my ride, I donĀ“t change it for any other bike... in the market!!!!!

Quick Reply: springer classic or deluxe