Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer classic or deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:46 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default RE: springer classic or deluxe

I like the springer and if I could have two bikes my second would be the scremin eagle springer my dealer had one wanted 25,000 out the door its gone. The deluxe is a great bike and its my first choice it lends it self to mods which let you go in different directions . The two tone deluxe starts with a real nostalgic look the single color deluxes can look very custom with mods at least i believe this. You can go in many directions with a deluxe the springer front end always reminds me of old. The ride on the deluxe will be better. In the end no matter what any one tells you, forget what your friends say do not let them spend your money go with your heart and you wont be sorry

Old 10-22-2006, 08:22 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was the same 'problem' I had. I choose the deluxe because of the blue and white paint scheme, and nothing else. If the Springer was the same colors, I think I might have gone the other way. There is no doubt that the Springer is a very special bike.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:57 PM
motorman4566
Advanced

If you want comfort get a bagger.... Springer is the only choice out there..so i guess there is NO choice 05 sp class

Old 10-22-2006, 08:52 PM
duluoz
Advanced

My first post. 07 springer classic here. The one dynamic that nobody is talking about is the fact that the owners manual suugests having the springer front end readjusted every at 500 miles and every 2500 miles after that. i brought this up to my mechanic and he said it was fine to do the adjustments every 5000 miles. So if you get the dealer to perform your maintenance you will be spending more money, but the added cost isn't enough to run me off. I love my springer classic!

Old 10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best to go with what fills the best to you. Follow that gut filling. It aint never wrong. [8D] Ive never run a stock spinger before but have had a mile long custom once. According to the people ive talked to who ride the stock springer they have no mech. or ride problems ( like pogo ing thru a curve like my chopper did at high speed).
ORIGINAL: ggold

cowboy Harry, I'll keep you in mind about the pipes, when I sat on the springer it felt right, I've sat on alot of bikes lately, this one just fit some thing about it felt right.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:20 AM
txspringer
Cruiser

Guess which one I'd buy in your position. Liked the ride of the springer the first time I tried it.
Front end isn't too heavy- just have to get used to it. Really like the old style of the springer.
I have the V&H Fish Tail 2 slipons and the sound is really great.[sm=patriot.gif]

Old 10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Jip
Cruiser

Another vote for the springer here, but other than the front end, imo, those are probably the two most similar softails, and have a lot of interchangeability.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the FLSTN replaced in 97 with the FLSTS-Heritage Springer which was discontinued in 03, but then in 05 they came back with the FLSTSC and the FLSTN which both take cues from the FLSTS.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

now that's classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: bobros

In my opinion the 97-99 Heritage Springer is one of the best looking bikes HD made. I picked the Deluxe for the comfort. Plus I don't care for from the black front end.

Old 10-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Ronbo
Advanced

I work at a dearlship do the demo rides. I road them all and the Deluxe I think gives the best ride. It sets lower at the set, but I'm 6' and it fells good to me
Ronbo

Old 10-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Deluxe and love it. I was in Spain this year & rented a 2005 Springer classic. I thought the front end worked well, but I have to tell you I hate the stock handle bars on the springer. After 4 or 5 hours my wrists were killing me. If it still came with the chrome front end I would have bought the Springer though.

Quick Reply: springer classic or deluxe