Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer classic or deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:10 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts
Default RE: springer classic or deluxe

I see Springers that I like here locally------They catch my eye and I don't dislike the bike; but I don't like the front end. I never looked at the Springer at all when I was purchasing. As for "too many deluxes"---------I think that depends on where you are located. There are definitely more deluxes than springers here though. But I don't care-----I don't like the looks of the front end---and I have personally personalized my deluxe to look like mine and not everyone else's.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Storm
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely love my bike! So, you can see how I vote!

Old 10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are really going to buy on other then your own mind, ask the dealer what they see and hear as feedback. In fact ask multiple dealers. They should know the pro's and con's. If not mistaken, the Springer is the least sold bike HD makes. Not to say that is a bad thing, it may actually be a good thing. I still say go ride them both and buy the one that you like, regardless of other opinion. They are very different bikes, if you are torn between it is simple.... buy em both! [8D]

Old 10-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Dunk 2
Cruiser

I can't imagine ANY bike being more comfortable/handling better than the Deluxe. I bought my Deluxe after having an Intruder LC 1500 and had myself convinced that I was going to lose comfort and handling. I was wrong.

The Deluxe is by far the best bike I've been on[sm=smiley20.gif].

Old 10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

First off, I think that both bikes are great bikes and it wouldn't bother me to ride either one. I have a different idea in my mind as to what kind of bike that I like and that is why I bought a Springer last year. I had a chance to look at both, the FX and the Classic. The reason that I like the Classic is the retro look. I like some of the bikes of the past and the Classic looks like it belongs there. I like what some of those same people in the past used to do when they stripped the bikes down and made them leaner and meaner, that is why I picked the FX model, it looks like somebody took the Classic and chopped it. Around here, I would pick the Classic because it is different and if it does indeed have a different ride than some of the other Harleys, that can be adjusted to by more seat time. Each to his own, but I like the looks of the Springer. Good luck

Old 10-21-2006, 10:18 PM
ggold
Advanced

I'm leaning more toward the springer classic, love the old school look. Can I still get that harley sound, what would be a good set of pipes. I now have a sportster with V&H shot shots, this will be my around town bike, the springer will be for weekend rides around the state. I think i will test ride the deluxe just to be sure. thanks for all the input.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my opinion the 97-99 Heritage Springer is one of the best looking bikes HD made. I picked the Deluxe for the comfort. Plus I don't care for from the black front end.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:37 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

I was at the Harley dealership and it was down to the same two bikes for me. I finally determined though I like the looks of the springer front end..I couldn't stand the way the exhaust pipes looked. So I went with the Deluxe. Of course it was a black Deluxe versus a blue Springer. If it were a black springer I might still be there trying to figure out which one to get.

And to the fat boy owners saying get the Springer because there are so many Deluxes out there: And how many Fat Boys are out there??

Old 10-21-2006, 11:45 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, thats a hard desission. I have a Deluxe, but if I had to it over again today I would probally go with the spinger. I would probally put the deluxe seat on the springer because the springer i sat on had a harder seat. but that aint shiet. If you get the Springer and want to change the pipes, Ill take em, cause Im wanting to run the stock flsts headers on my deluxe now.

Crap, you could just flip a coin. heads= Deluxe tails= Springer. Either one, I'd (& you) would be happy with. [8D]

Old 10-22-2006, 12:05 AM
ggold
Advanced

cowboy Harry, I'll keep you in mind about the pipes, when I sat on the springer it felt right, I've sat on alot of bikes lately, this one just fit some thing about it felt right.

Quick Reply: springer classic or deluxe