Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This front wheel on an '07 Nightrain ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default This front wheel on an '07 Nightrain ???

I prefer not to ride spokes.I like this HD branded wheel and the Hogpro Wheel Bluduece is using.

Out riding I've seen this wheel on Softail Customs and a Couple of Dueces,leaning towards putting it on my Train.

I know the Thunder Star's a popular choice for Trains,considered it but it's not the look I want.

I'd appreciate some opinions from y'all:

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/826378FCFCA34B3FAEABA1C9F5997D18.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: This front wheel on an '07 Nightrain ???

I liked the Thunderstars when they first came out,,and still do. If it hadn't been for the fact that my Custom came with a "fancy" wire wheel I would like the black slotted version of that one.
Having the fancier wire wheel makes it a bit tougher to think up a good excuse to justify a new front wheel for the wife.
Good choice.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:21 PM
blueduece
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

much better than the stock laced, i think that will look good.

Old 10-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

I liked the Thunderstars when they first came out,,and still do. If it hadn't been for the fact that my Custom came with a "fancy" wire wheel I would like the black slotted version of that one.
Having the fancier wire wheel makes it a bit tougher to think up a good excuse to justify a new front wheel for the wife.
Good choice.
The chrome profile front wheel on the Customs looks really nice,it's offered as an upgrade on the Nightrains and looks good on the ones I saw with it at the dealer.

I'm ok with the looks of laced wheels,I'm looking at the advantage a cast wheel offers out on the road if I get a flat tire.Nice to be tubless so I have a decent chance of repairing it with sealent or a tire plug well enough to get me home.If I can find a new wheel I really like,it's a win/win situation.(and easy to sell my wife on the idea)
Devil Angel [sm=devilangel.gif]

I intend to do almost zero modifications on my Nightrain,I really like them the way they are right out of the crate,so this wheel is the most important mod (to it's looks) that's likely to happen.

HD calls it the:Chrome Slotted Six-Spoke Wheel:

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/A3E0FBE330914C21BBDACD800275720D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

That will look great. It's my favorite choice. Get 'em.
BA

Old 10-21-2006, 01:07 PM
deuce dude
Road Master

what about looking for a used one and powder coating it black??? just a thought......

Old 10-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: deuce dude

what about looking for a used one and powder coating it black??? just a thought......
First off you easily have one of the best,most tastefully modified bikes I've seen,Dueces are a favorite of mine,you really did it right.

Thanks,interesting idea,I'm leaning towards chome (I have so little as it is) but that would be a sinister look.

I'd noticed that HogPro has some nice black powder coated wheels when I was checking their site.Just for the heck of it I'm going to try photoshopping a pic of one onto a Nightrain photo to get an idea of how it would look.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/D7C4A11E0D6A40D28253E007EE7D03B1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/7D55B18EF2284427B39CBD7690D2D75B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2006, 02:50 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

T3,
That top one you posted would look really nice on a NT. If it had a 3/4 width chrome strip down the sides of the spokes I think it might look really nice on a Custom.
Too bad there isn't a site that has the same setup they use on Tirerack. They have a part of the site where you can pick out your car and color. Then you can click on a particular wheel an it will put them on the pictured car so you can see what they look like.

PS. Are those the carbon fiber wheels, I remember seeing some that looked very similar to those. Not cheap, but they were very light and strong.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

PS. Are those the carbon fiber wheels, I remember seeing some that looked very similar to those. Not cheap, but they were very light and strong.
They're just plain ol cast wheels powder coated black...

Speaking of carbon fiber,check out these carbon fiber tins here:
http://www.carbonfiberhelmets.com/fabrication.htm

Old 10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
deuce dude
Road Master

thanks ....i put a lot of thought into what went on the bike....like what you are doing now...take your time and keep the whole thing in mind when you do your mods.....your on the right track!
ORIGINAL: T 3

ORIGINAL: deuce dude

First off you easily have one of the best,most tastefully modified bikes I've seen,Dueces are a favorite of mine,you really did it right.

Thanks,interesting idea,I'm leaning towards chome (I have so little as it is) but that would be a sinister look.

I'd noticed that HogPro has some nice black powder coated wheels when I was checking their site.Just for the heck of it I'm going to try photoshopping a pic of one onto a Nightrain photo to get an idea of how it would look.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/D7C4A11E0D6A40D28253E007EE7D03B1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17242/7D55B18EF2284427B39CBD7690D2D75B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: This front wheel on an '07 Nightrain ???