Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Mods are Complete with pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011 | 02:34 PM
Hippiebeads
|
Tourer
Default Winter Mods are Complete with pics

Hello,I would like to start by saying thank you to all the fine people who take the time to post,share,help,and answer dumb questions without making you feel dumb.Before joining the Forum I would have paid someone to do what I just did, and for that I say thanks to all of you.
I chromed the entire front end including the panel behind the headlamp.I lowered the front one inch and the rear one and half using Progressive parts,I also installed LA Choppers blue springs.The Samson 36 inch mini Cholos are the most obvious of changes and I love them.I replaced the brake lines with steel braided and added a few pieces of chrome.I am still unsure about the Ness axle covers and your feedback is welcome on if they should stay or go.Thanks again.
Chris

Attached Thumbnails Winter Mods are Complete with pics-de1.jpg   Winter Mods are Complete with pics-de2.jpg   Winter Mods are Complete with pics-de3.jpg   Winter Mods are Complete with pics-de4.jpg   Winter Mods are Complete with pics-de5.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
soldierbot (03-26-2019)
Old 04-13-2011 | 02:44 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Congrats!!! Looks great. I would say with your setup, I would leave the axle covers on. I think it looks good with them there. Good job on doing it yourself!!

Old 04-13-2011 | 02:58 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Good lookin ride! I would keep the covers also. It keeps with the nostalgic look.....

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:18 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

It looks great. I used to run those axle covers. A lot of people didn't like them, but I never saw them on a another bike and I liked them.

Drew

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:22 PM
Pdiddy
Cruiser

Great job on doing yourself bike looks clean. Not the axle covers I run but if you like that's what matters.

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:24 PM
SMF
Banned

Looking good bro

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:27 PM
Hippiebeads
|
Tourer

I forgot to mention I bought my exhaust and axle covers from DR.V-TWIN and the prices and service were great as many of you already know.I also sent my seat to Mean City Cycles for re-shaping and they were good to deal with also.

Old 04-13-2011 | 03:32 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hippiebeads
Hello,I would like to start by saying thank you to all the fine people who take the time to post,share,help,and answer dumb questions without making you feel dumb.Before joining the Forum I would have paid someone to do what I just did, and for that I say thanks to all of you.
I chromed the entire front end including the panel behind the headlamp.I lowered the front one inch and the rear one and half using Progressive parts,I also installed LA Choppers blue springs.The Samson 36 inch mini Cholos are the most obvious of changes and I love them.I replaced the brake lines with steel braided and added a few pieces of chrome.I am still unsure about the Ness axle covers and your feedback is welcome on if they should stay or go.Thanks again.
Chris
Chris, Your bike looks real good. Nice job. I enjoy working on my bike. Turn on the tunes crack open a beer and tear into it. Now you just need beach bars or Apes to finish it off.
Stone
Stone

Old 04-13-2011 | 04:10 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Looks good. Like the pipes and the axle covers. I would keep them. Like some said earlier it keeps with the nostalgic look and also adds just that much more chrome.

Old 04-13-2011 | 05:17 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Nice work I like it, very cool

Quick Reply: Winter Mods are Complete with pics