Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC and Fuel Pak's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 AM
stcrider07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC and Fuel Pak's?

I'm new to the Harley world and I am a little confused on some of this stuff. Alot of you have talked about PC's and Fuel Paks, Map's, and downloads when changing exhaust and doing other things. I am looking at changing my pipes over the winter season on my new 07 STC that I picked up three days ago. If I change the pipes, is there other things that I need to do to the bike? If someone could explain all this stuff to me so I don't get screwed by a dealership for not knowing anything, that would be great.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PC and Fuel Pak's?

the PCIII and Fuel pack are programmable modules that connect to your ECM to compensate for the additional flow of your exhaust and /or intake modifications.
I am using the SERT (Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner), it's not an add on module, it programs the ECM with a new MAP to compensate for engine modifications, and I believe is more versatile, but the down side is that you need to use a computer connected to your bike to download the new MAP.

reguardless of what engine modfications you make, you will need to tune the computer (ECM) on the bike to compensate for the mods.
these bikes run lean from the factory and intake/ exhaust mods will make run even leaner!