Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Backrest...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New Backrest...

I just received a new backrest from Firehousecustoms.com for my fatboy. He makes them to fit stock seats for the fatboy and heritage softails. The cost was $115.00 and I am extremely pleased. I have a solo seat so in order to get a seat that accomodates a backrest, it was going to cost me close to $500.00. This was a great alternative. The workmanship is great and fitment is perfect. For those of you who don't want to spend all that cash but want a backrest, I highly reccomend you check these out.

There are photos on his site. I purchased mine from Ebay. Very fast shipping to.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Backrest...

I checked out the web site and decided to put one of these at the very top of my Christmas list. Looks like just the thing for a little more comfort. thanks for the tip,
BA

Old 10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

WARG
Do you read minds?
I have a external gel pad on my two up harley seat with a back rest. Well part of how it mounts needs to be fixed (sewn).
So I took that seat off and put on the stock seat. I have made it a solo by removing the back pad. I also have a mustang fender bib - I like the look! Additionally a ride this morning reminded me that I missed this seat, I like how it puts me in the bike. All that was missing was the back rest. I was just coming to this forum to ask if anyone knew how to get a back rest to work with the stock seat and there was your post!

Old 10-22-2006, 05:45 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya really have perked up my interest on this. How is it mounted to the seat? Does it stay on when running solo? Reason asking is that I have the quick release passenger seat kit installed.

V/r

Old 10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member

That is very cool, the best one I've seen so far.

Does it sit you more forward?

I wish someone would fabricate one that is quick detach...seems like it would be doable using the two side plate bolts next to the seat bolts.

I like the looks of that firehouse one though, nice and clean with no exposed rails, very nice.. $50 bucks more for the Heritage..sigh..

Dear Santa:

Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How was it to install on the fatboy. Looks really cool on the site.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Email reply from firehouse is that it can not be used with just the solo. Here is my question and their answer:

Can this be used with out the rear part of the stock seat? So it would kinda look like a mustang Solo? Thanks!

Mike,
this backrest requires both halves of the stack seat.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:02 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

So since I can not use this back rest, does anyone out there know if I can use and older style softail back rest on my stock seat??

Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I have been at the hospital for the arrival of my 8 lbs 11 ounce baby boy. He is our first and I am already trying to talk my wife into buying him his first Harley. I'll just keep it in the garage for him. She isn't budging yet.

Anyway, I guess you answered your question about using the backrest without the passenger pillion.

The install was easy, the bracket runs down between the driver and passenger seat and bolts to the same two holes the pillion bolts to. Included in the kit are two bolts that are about 1/4" longer than the stock bolts to accomodate the extra with. The fit is tight, but that is good because there is not rattle or movement when installed on the bike.

The stitching is great, the grain of the material matches the stock seat well.

I will post pics ASAP.

Out of all the items I have bought for the bike, this is in the top 3.

I took a short ride on it a few days ago and it make the highway pegs more comfortable and really makes the uncomfortable stock seat quite tolerable. Next I will explore how to put gel inserts into the stock seat.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:31 PM
IRready
Road Master

I wonder if this will work on a Deluxe?? Anyone know?

Quick Reply: New Backrest...