Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Ride Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:11 PM
neilgehrke
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Ride Installed!

Got my used Hi-Lo installed, i've only gone on a short shake down run, but it's already way better than the 422's.

Excuse the messy garage

Old 04-09-2011, 10:36 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree, I love mine. Im glad I went with the HiLo. Would have like to have the Shotgun, but for the kind of Riding I do, the Hi-lo was the way to go. Clean sled too

Old 04-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Fabrikator
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean by "the kind of riding you do" ? whats the advantage of the HIlo system as opposed to the shotgun?

sorry im a MC air suspension noob.. and a MC noob in general lol

Old 04-10-2011, 12:25 AM
razorback84
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the airride. I sure do love mine

Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Airride is the only way to go

Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 AM
aquaelvis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabrikator
What do you mean by "the kind of riding you do" ? whats the advantage of the HIlo system as opposed to the shotgun?

sorry im a MC air suspension noob.. and a MC noob in general lol
The Hi Lo is a single cylinder shock for each side of the bike that does not allow adjustment of the rebound. It only allows ride height adjustment. This causes what we refer to as the pogo effect over big bumps. It works quite well for what it is, but for my money the Shotgun wins every time. I ran a Hi Lo for several years on my ride and there is nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

A freind who has a Hi Lo is getting a Shotgun next Saturday and I am sure he will be selling his Hi Lo if anyone is interested in it. I'll find out how much today. Let me know if you are interested.

Neil, your bike looks sick.

Drew

Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good... Nice setup.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:28 AM
neilgehrke
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ideally the Shotgun shock is what I would have got, had funds allowed. But I got a great deal on the Hi-Lo and i love it. Someday I will have a Shotgun Shock for better control and adjustment. i haven't noticed any pogo effect yet. I rode over some of the rougher patches near my house and it was smooooth. I recommend someone ****** up that used Hi-Lo from Drew. Thanks for the compliments guys.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The Hi Lo is a single cylinder shock for each side of the bike that does not allow adjustment of the rebound. It only allows ride height adjustment. This causes what we refer to as the pogo effect over big bumps. It works quite well for what it is, but for my money the Shotgun wins every time. I ran a Hi Lo for several years on my ride and there is nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

A freind who has a Hi Lo is getting a Shotgun next Saturday and I am sure he will be selling his Hi Lo if anyone is interested in it. I'll find out how much today. Let me know if you are interested.

Neil, your bike looks sic
Drew
I don't understand what you mean by ride height only. When you raise the bike with the high Lo it will only go so high after that point and you still add air it seams it does adjust the ride .the thing is when your on a good distance ride you have to have it set correctly in order to avoid that pogo effect. If you were to push down on
A stock softIl and feel how hard it is it will give you an idea on how it should be set. Most have the air to low and by far this will increase the pogo effect.I'm not sold on the shotgun and I really do not like the idea of having to drop it or what ever has to be done to change tranny fluid

Last edited by nikonf8; 04-10-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Air Ride Installed!