Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Ride Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:33 PM
DrawDown
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a PM Drew.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:51 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

FAB, when I say for the kind of riding I do. I do a lot of solo riding and bar hopping. Sometimes on long poker runs or something like that, I may do 100 to 200 miles in a weekend. So, the Hi-lo is good for me, I dont the pogo effect either. I would have liked to have gotten the Shotgun, but out of my price range. Im happy with the HI-LO, I dont know if I will get a shotgun in the future or not. It does what I want it to, and thats what I wanted.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:03 PM
92Softail
Intermediate

I am looking at lowering my 92. I have been pricing the air ride systems. I would be interested in a used set-up if anyone knows of one that will fit my ride.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM
92Softail
Intermediate
Default Ape hangers?

I have drag bars on my softail, but all the bikes i've seen lowered have ape hangers. Is it amust to change the bars?

Attached Thumbnails Air Ride Installed!-my-bike.jpg  
Old 04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick bro i used to have the hi lo

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

The bike looks awesome!!!! You will love the Hi Lo!!!!

I loved my Hi Lo.... I sold it to a fellow Night Train member here. I never had a problem with mine. I rode from MD to FL with Zero problems. The wife and I did MD to Myrtle Beach with zero problems. Never had a problem with the pogo effect either.

I just put 200 miles on the Shotguns yesterday and they held up well in the streets of Bmore. I am still learning the controls. I get them but doing them on the fly is still tricky. Soon it will be second nature.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Pdiddy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm sent Drew I am intrested

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The Hi Lo is a single cylinder shock for each side of the bike that does not allow adjustment of the rebound. It only allows ride height adjustment. This causes what we refer to as the pogo effect over big bumps. It works quite well for what it is, but for my money the Shotgun wins every time. I ran a Hi Lo for several years on my ride and there is nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.

A freind who has a Hi Lo is getting a Shotgun next Saturday and I am sure he will be selling his Hi Lo if anyone is interested in it. I'll find out how much today. Let me know if you are interested.

Neil, your bike looks sick.

Drew

Old 04-10-2011, 08:56 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

get em Diddy

Old 04-10-2011, 09:18 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I don't understand what you mean by ride height only. When you raise the bike with the high Lo it will only go so high after that point and you still add air it seams it does adjust the ride .the thing is when your on a good distance ride you have to have it set correctly in order to avoid that pogo effect. If you were to push down on
A stock softIl and feel how hard it is it will give you an idea on how it should be set. Most have the air to low and by far this will increase the pogo effect.I'm not sold on the shotgun and I really do not like the idea of having to drop it or what ever has to be done to change tranny fluid
Let me explain to the best of my ability. There is only one adjustment on the Hi Lo which is the ride height adjustment. this adjusts how high the bike sits but also lets you adjust how much air pressure is in the shock. The pOgo effect will occur when there is too much air in teh shock and you hit a big bump pogoing the rear suspension off the bike due to the fact that their is no control for rebound on the shock.

In the same situation on a Shotgun shock, as long you have adjusted the rebound setting, that will soak up the bump instead of pogoing you off it as the Hi Lo will do. There is nothing wrong with either system. i am merely trying to explain the difference. It is really and apples to oranges comparison. If you have more questions please ask I want people to understand the difference.

Drew

Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default shotgun

Please explain what has to be done to get to the drain plug to change tranny fluid Thank you

Quick Reply: Air Ride Installed!