Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley ruined my life!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know man i just get ups boxed every other day with stuff i forgot i bought hahahaha

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,953 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakthi
So which pipes fell in your lap then??? Any pics coming of the first mods?
Vance & Hines 2-2 Big Radius like new $400 shipped. I figure between the pipes and the beach bars it should give it a low mean look. Pics as soon as I install the parts. Hopefully sometime next week or so.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It gets bad when you start changing the mods for the second or third time....

Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Well perhaps that's a bit dramatic...

I've been riding my Cross Bones for about 2 weeks. I was so happy to have gotten it I planned on making no mods for quite a while. That lasted long...

I just made my first payment and already I have spent a stupid amount of money in things I just "had to have." I bought the Narrow Beach bars and the dumb relocation kit that goes with them, during my over priced first service I had a derby cover installed, and a great deal on a set of pipes fell into my lap and I couldn't walk away from it.

I know these few things are on almost every bike here, and much MUCH more, but it's a the fact I haven't even had it a month yet and I have done so much.

Besides the money, I can't stop thinking about riding it! It's by far the best bike I have ever had and I am absolutely in love with it now! The problem is a lay awake in bed wishing I was riding until 4am and lose a ton of sleep. When I do sleep, I dream of riding!

Thank goodness my wife is a wonderful and understanding woman. That's all I can say.

I know I'm not the only one, but going through it is always different than just hearing about it. Life sucks huh? What to buy next for my Harley!? LOL
Sounds like love MFer. Just remember to cut her some slack when she overheats...and do proper maintenance. Otherwise....Harleys like it rough. Ride it like u stole it.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well perhaps that's a bit dramatic...

I've been riding my Cross Bones for about 2 weeks. I was so happy to have gotten it I planned on making no mods for quite a while. That lasted long...

I just made my first payment and already I have spent a stupid amount of money in things I just "had to have." I bought the Narrow Beach bars and the dumb relocation kit that goes with them, during my over priced first service I had a derby cover installed, and a great deal on a set of pipes fell into my lap and I couldn't walk away from it.

I know these few things are on almost every bike here, and much MUCH more, but it's a the fact I haven't even had it a month yet and I have done so much.

Besides the money, I can't stop thinking about riding it! It's by far the best bike I have ever had and I am absolutely in love with it now! The problem is a lay awake in bed wishing I was riding until 4am and lose a ton of sleep. When I do sleep, I dream of riding!

Thank goodness my wife is a wonderful and understanding woman. That's all I can say.

I know I'm not the only one, but going through it is always different than just hearing about it. Life sucks huh? What to buy next for my Harley!? LOL
Ha. I put a deposit on mine before they released the Rocker Cs.
I waited from July 07 to May 08. Once I knew it was actually on the way,
I went down and ordered $3K worth of parts. The day I picked it up,(three days later) I ordered another $2K worth.
I'm finally almost done... that is until I see something else I need.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:19 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,953 Likes on 4,700 Posts

I'm sitting back reading all these threads and I think to myself:

"I really need that engine guard now." and I feel my life is in peril without it...

Then I think, "I have a long trip coming up and I need a place for storage, but will the beach bars I have on order look good with the tall sissy bar I want? And how will all that look with the engine guard I've been convinced I need?"

This is getting stressful for me LOL. I need to get off here and just continue my reading of Harley-Davidson Motor Company by Missy Scott. (Good read by the way!)

Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Irishwoodchuck
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROTFLSHSFOAIDMT
(Rolling on the floor laughing so hard my sombrero fell off and I dropped my taco)
I swear I spit up milk through my nose when I read this....that is the funnest **** I've read in some time....

:note to self: do NOT eat breakfast and read HDForums at the same time...

Old 04-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Greg755
Cruiser

When the wife quetions you you have to be prepared and think like the old lady...

#1 I did it for the kids - this works with all safety items. If I didnt have this engine guard the bike could fall over and crush little Johnny.
#2 I saved $500 - this is used when she asked you how much it cost. you never tell her what it cost just how much you saved
#3 Those came free with the pipes I bought last month, they were just back ordered. - This is used to explain mysterious new packages that arrive
#4 I did it for you - This is for things like sissy bar, back rest, pillion and saddle bags, a girl has to have comfort and a place to put her thongs.
#5 Its the law. According to state code 105b section 2, 3, and 4 I have to have loud pipes, Air horns and a license plate that stick out like that because it is more visible, you don't want me to get tickets do you...
#6 I had to get it or may ***** would turn blue. Oh wait a minute, that is for something else, scratch that... Literally

There are many more, feel free to ad your own

Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Vance & Hines 2-2 Big Radius like new $400 shipped. I figure between the pipes and the beach bars it should give it a low mean look. Pics as soon as I install the parts. Hopefully sometime next week or so.

You figured right!

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 04-10-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Whir
Advanced

Well it's been 3 weeks since I picked up my first Harley. I feel your pain. 20+ years of riding and this is the first one that actually got named.

Believe it or not it seems the OL spends more at the dealership than I do, but I can't say no when she wants something. Just in case I find that newest piece of farkle I need.

The day I picked my bike up they had a display there for Bright *** Lights. I hit the "Press here for Brake" button and instantly said "My God that's fuggin obnoctious. How much is it?" Need to get down there and pick it up this week.

Quick Reply: Harley ruined my life!