Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overall results for sert? and stage ii 95"

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:21 AM
2006softaildeuce
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overall results for sert? and stage ii 95"

Whats going on fellow hogs?!?!? This is my first post since im new to this forum. I ride a 2006 softail deuce. I just did a stage i upgrade with the air filter and big radius 2-2 with big city thunder monster baffles and reflash on ecm. Noticed a little differance overall but now have a little bit of a decel pop that im not to crazy about. I've talked to a few diff mechanics and said sert and good dyno tune would eliminate most of it was just curious if anyone had first hand on this?Was wondering if their right or just trying to get more of the $$$.Also how does everyones bike run compared to reflash todyno tune? and whats every1's thoughts on 95 stage ii upgrade? as far as hp/tq numbers to feeling it on seat?

Last edited by 2006softaildeuce; 04-08-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,925 Likes on 831 Posts

I can't speak on the affects of the dyno or flash, but I had a '99 FXDX (carb) that I put the Stage II (95") Big Bore kit in with a 2-1 performance pipe, made a world of difference. It depends how you match the components to your riding style, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it. Good luck.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I don't have any experience with Stage 1 so can't comment on that but most guys say it doesn't do much?
A good tuning system will do a alot and a dyno can get everything out of a motor in the hands of a experienced tuner. There is alot out there and opinions vary....Power Commander, Thundermax, Fuel Moto, etc. The Thundermax is an autotune so as you do upgrades it will automatically tune with the new upgrades. I hear good things about Jamie at Fuel Moto. I personally have the Power Commander because it was on the bike when I purchased it and I have been very satisfied with it.
There is ton more info and I'm sure the guys will chime in and help but I suggest you do some research. Think about any future upgrades and what your needs will be. If you get a system that does not autotune and then spend the $$ on a dyno tune, you will have to do it all again when you do some upgrades.

Will the 95" Stage II make a difference? Sure it will but your results depend on the components and how they are matched. My motor is a 95" Stage II with the details in my my signature.

Last edited by harleyheaven; 04-08-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
2006softaildeuce
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replys so far.Harley heaven where did you get all your work done a harley store or a shop? From what ive read seems alot of people are going to other shops because of good service and experience.On your bike are those the kurakyn axel and swing arm covers by chance?If so are you happy with them? thanks

Old 04-08-2011, 10:08 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006softaildeuce
Thanks for the replys so far.Harley heaven where did you get all your work done a harley store or a shop? From what ive read seems alot of people are going to other shops because of good service and experience.On your bike are those the kurakyn axel and swing arm covers by chance?If so are you happy with them? thanks
The components were purchased directly from T-Mam Performance and he also did the boring. The assmebly was done at Davis HD a local dealer. They have been really good and fair with pricing. My bike was essentially totaled last May and they helped me alot then as well.

I have heard that some HD dealers don't or won't install aftermarket engine components . don't get me wrong Davis would love to sell and install an SE kit but when someone wants more thay steer them to T-Man.

http://www.tmanperformance.com/

I have a chrome swingarm now but prior to the wreck I had the Kuryakyn covers. Since my bike was already torn down I picked up a chrome swingarm off ebay for around $300, Davis didn't charge me anymore labor, and I sold the covers to a forum member for a few bucks so it was a no-brainer for me.
The covers do a really good lob IMO...most folks thought I had the real thing. Had the wreck not happened I would still have the covers.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:53 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Changing to a good tuner , SERT, PCIII,Tmax or TTS too name a few will make a big difference over the Dealer Flash and if properly tuned will get rid of the popping.

My bike came with the Stage 1 95 kit from the factory and I added cams which makes it a Stage 2 95 kit and it is a lot more than a stock 88 and in my opinion well worth the $

What other have said is very true its important to have parts that work together.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Noticed a little differance overall but now have a little bit of a decel pop that im not to crazy about. I've talked to a few diff mechanics and said sert and good dyno tune would eliminate most of it was just curious if anyone had first hand on this?Was wondering if their right or just trying to get more of the $$$.Also how does everyones bike run compared to reflash to dyno tune?
With a Stage 1 reflash, you'll never get rid of the popping. No way to adjust the AFR to tune it out. The only way to ensure 100% proper, accurate calibration of air/fuel mix is tuning via TTS, PowerCommander, SEST, etc, along with a good tuner and a means of measuring AFR/power. And yes, I have first hand experience with it.

and whats every1's thoughts on 95 stage ii upgrade? as far as hp/tq numbers to feeling it on seat?
Oh, you'll notice the difference. Horsepower and torque numbers? 70/80ish, 80/90ish, 90/100ish.
Your question is too vague. No way of estimating, barring asking a fortune teller , unless you know what combination of cam, compression, pipes, porting, etcetera, etcetera, you plan on using.

Last edited by Weevil; 04-09-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: added the fortune teller for effect. cool, huh?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

all of the above will help if U don't have a Air leak in the pipes somewhere.

I had an air leak that when unnoticed till I found it after talking to a Rush rep..

Dealer even tuned it 2X's after the first time trying to rid her of decel popping..

after they resealed and new clamps, another dyno, popping was 95% gone.

Sometimes a flash just get it close, no comparison to a real tune.