Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avon 120-70-21 WWW (NOT) happening

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmove
We have a customer wanting an Avon white wall tire also in 120/70-21, and ran into them not being available also. There is a place we fond that has someone make a white wall from a black wall, but they charge $449.95 and won't answer our phone messages or emails.It's called Native Custom Baggers, and they have a website. There is also a place called New Custom Spoke Wheels that will take the tire and install white walls for $300.00 and they take 2-3 weeks. Or they can sell you an Avon and do it (they don't stock Avon tires). Then I read this thread about these Vee Rubber tires, and I called to verify a price, but the mc tire guy was out.

So, can anyone tell me about these Vee Rubber tires? Are they decent tires? Are they about $230.00?

Thanks, and tack care, Jon

Check out his thread... A lot of info there!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ee-rubber.html

Old 06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
dyebartdie
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Well I know there has been some buzz of Avon producing a 120-70-21 WWW Tire.Do not hold your breath as it is not coming.I sent an email to Avon as a follow up to my original back in Feb.This was the response I just received.Unfortunately we decided not to progress this size as a WW tire due to other priorities.(As if something was more important than a 120 70-21 WW tire)It will be reviewed again in 6 months time.Sorry about that. Peter J McNally m/c Technical Product Manger. The WW aint get no respect
Here's Metzelers response...

"Hello

The ME880 120/70-21 tire was designed about 9 years ago to be used in conjunction with the 240, 280, and 300 sized tires on custom choppers to improve this bike's appearance by having a more matched set of tires. Builders at this time said the MH90-21 was too skinny and that they needed a wider front to go with the big rear tires that were so hot at this time. And American Iron Horse was one of the key drivers for this tire and they featured it for many years on their top of the line chopper.

Because of this we have never offered this size tire in a Wide white wall and we have no plans to do so. We hope this helps, and please use the attached brochure to see the North American tire range, tire specs, suggested fitments including the famous Metzeler upgrades, and other important technical data. Thanks for the e-mail and have a great day.

NA Metzeler Consumer Affairs
877 202-4993
www.us.metzelermoto.com "

Old 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What a bunch of B.S.!!! I talked to the VP of VEE and Im on the list to get a call when they come in, supposed to be July 15th. Dude better call me, he told me Im 11th on the list so when the 15th comes around I'll be expecting a call. Since I already ordered wheels, all Im waitin on is tires, and since I got the 21x3.5 up front, Im screwed if I cant get a 120/70 tire.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:28 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default vee rubber

I gave up on the idea of a 21 inch on my ride. I waited seven weeks and was told all along the way a couple of weeks by ride wright. after seven weeks they then told me they had no idea when they would get the vee tires in at that point i canceled my order and gave up on the 21 inch. They are now way over priced and it keeps getting worst with ever one who has them just keeps adding on bucks. they figure supply and demand and you pay more than they are worth. the whole 120 thing is starting to get old with me seems like every one is doing the same thing.I kind of like the idea of going 18 all around as one or two other members have mentioned. I have gave it some thought. Ill be do for new tires about mid season ill make my decision then.Right now i am just riding and enjoying it. I have some money put aside so maybe ill do the 18 inch all around in a month or two

Old 06-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I gave up on the idea of a 21 inch on my ride. I waited seven weeks and was told all along the way a couple of weeks by ride wright. after seven weeks they then told me they had no idea when they would get the vee tires in at that point i canceled my order and gave up on the 21 inch. They are now way over priced and it keeps getting worst with ever one who has them just keeps adding on bucks. they figure supply and demand and you pay more than they are worth. the whole 120 thing is starting to get old with me seems like every one is doing the same thing.I kind of like the idea of going 18 all around as one or two other members have mentioned. I have gave it some thought. Ill be do for new tires about mid season ill make my decision then.Right now i am just riding and enjoying it. I have some money put aside so maybe ill do the 18 inch all around in a month or two
The problem with this is the same.There is a short list of people who make 18 WWW tires.I think Dunlop makes a OEM front one and thats it.Then for the rear and other fronts you have the same story.Either Vee or the very pricey custom made ones like Hot Hawgz,Diamond Back Tire,HD wheels etc.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 18

thank you for that info