Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which V&H pipes for my Lo

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
rrambo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which V&H pipes for my Lo

Looking for opinions/advice on which V&H pipes to get for my new FLSTFB.. I've got the Black denim model and will stick with black pipes..

At first I was planning on just slipons but have decided to go all out and get the whole system... I've narrowed it down to a few and want opinions on which will look the best, perform the best and sound the best (I like louder).. I will also be installing a free flow a/c and efi module..

I'm liking the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2, 2 into 1, the Short Shots and the Big Shots.... also wondering about the High Output 2 into 1 Pro Pipe only because the price is decent.. but wonder if it would be overkill for no more mods than I will have..

So what are your opinions on the pipes above for best sounding, performing and appearance on my FLSTFB?

Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get the Big Shots Staggered Black.. I have them, and I don't want you to too.

Just kidding.. are you hellbent on V&H? From what i've read on this forum, the H.O 2-1 or the Big Radius 2-1 are great pipes for power.. but i'm sure someone will come along and say "Check out the D&D FatCat!" which you should because apparently people are liking that too.. personally I like my BSS's, but after seeing the HO 2-1 or the BR 2-1's on some Lo's, they look really good too.. performance, go 2-1

Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
rrambo
Tourer

good start and good advice... thx

on a related note, saw a black denim Road King this weekend with the HO 2-1 Pro Pipes.. looked really good on that bike and sounded great.. of course he had a LOT of engine work done also.. I've never been a fan of the 2-1 look, but it's starting to grow on me..

Old 04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah man if i had a few hundred dollars to throw away i was thinking about swapping out for a 2-1 system

Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Check out the D&D fatcat. After the previous post it had to be said. There are a lot of great pipes out there, but I have become a 2 into 1 guy. The V&H HO will look great although it is for a built motor. I think first you need to decide 2 into 1 or 2 into 2 and then we cna help you mvoe on with the process.

2 into 1 will yield more power but a lot of people don't like the way they look. Do some thinking and let us know what you come up with and we can proceed from there.

Drew

Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V&H BSS with the chrome slash tips and the special quiet baffles that they don't sell online. You'll have to call them or go by their store to pick them up. They sound incredible and look just as nice on the LO. I get compliments all the time on the sound. And if you're not doing any further engine work, you may as well do the FuelPak with the pipes. I've got it on all my bikes and it seems to run perfectly with the V&H pipes. They're a quality pipe and you'll be very happy with them. Good luck! Nice bike!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
rrambo
Tourer

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Check out the D&D fatcat. After the previous post it had to be said. There are a lot of great pipes out there, but I have become a 2 into 1 guy. The V&H HO will look great although it is for a built motor. I think first you need to decide 2 into 1 or 2 into 2 and then we cna help you mvoe on with the process.

2 into 1 will yield more power but a lot of people don't like the way they look. Do some thinking and let us know what you come up with and we can proceed from there.

Drew
I'm starting to lean heavily towards 2-1.. I figured the HO would be overkill but can't figure out why it's cheaper than the 2-1 Big Radius..

Originally Posted by jbg
V&H BSS with the chrome slash tips and the special quiet baffles that they don't sell online. You'll have to call them or go by their store to pick them up. They sound incredible and look just as nice on the LO. I get compliments all the time on the sound. And if you're not doing any further engine work, you may as well do the FuelPak with the pipes. I've got it on all my bikes and it seems to run perfectly with the V&H pipes. They're a quality pipe and you'll be very happy with them. Good luck! Nice bike!
good looking bike you have there also.. I do like the looks of the BSS.. I just seem to be leaning towards a 2-1... and also, I've already added the FuelPak to my cart at JPCYCLES.. just haven't bit yet..

Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

BR's 2-2, or BSS's are decent for numbers too. not as good as a 2-1, but all pends on Ur likes.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Ed McLellan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have VH 2:2 and wish I had VH 2:1

Old 04-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Jaburg1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

For 2:1, based on looks, I'd go with the Rush black

For 2:2, based on looks for the FB Lo, I'd say the Supertrapp X-Pipes

Quick Reply: Which V&H pipes for my Lo