Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy crap!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:38 PM
SMH
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy crap!

So I decided to throw some Thunder City baffles on the Rock. I had a hard time deciding on the QQ's and the original, but in the end, I went with the originals. Besides, loud doesn't bother me. I just didn't want to loose anything on the low end, nor did I want a bunch of popping on decel.

It ended up taking me about 3 hours. I had to take the rear heatshields off and then remove the bracket holding the pipes. Bottom baffle pulled right out, but the top (as expected), was a little more difficult. I didn't have a slide hammer, so I made due with a coathanger and a 2x4. I took the setscrew from the outside of the original baffles and screwed it on the inside a few turns. I then wrapped the coathanger around the setscrew and back down to the 2x4. It took two good licks and out it popped!

On the top pipe, I had a clamp in the way so after a little measuring I decided that 6 1\2" would have to do for both pipes. I drilled my 1\4" holes, lined everything up and tightened her down. After putting the heatsheild back on I fired her up in the garage, and Holy ****!! Loud? Maybe a little, but it was so much throatier and deeper. The sound was the chit, but it was dark and the verdict was still out on the torque side of things.

The next day I turkey hunted early and decided to come down and give her a real test. Lemme tell you, I haven't hit the dyno yet, but I can assure you, she lost nothing. I'll wait on the real numbers on paper, but my *** already tells me she picked up a few on the lower end. But it doesn't stop there. After I took her down the road, I pulled in and my brother was standing there with his jawls dropped open. I told him I couldnt tell that much of a difference on the bike as far as the sound, but I knew it was pulling a tad harder. His exact words were "give me the helmet and listen to this beyotch!". So off he went....

I told him before he left to open her up so I could tell what it really sounded like. So he did....

HOLY CRAP!! Honestly, never heard a baffle make such beautiful music! That dayum thing ROARED! The sound is absolutely amazing. Are they louder then stock V&H baffles? A little at idle, but man when you hammer down, they sing. It's not an annoying loud either. It's a DEEP, THROATY, harmonic orgasam loud. Best $79 I've spent on her!

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They do sound good, love mine.