Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Solo Seat Woes...

I currently have a LePera Bare Bones with "Biker Gel". I thought that the gel would make the seat more comfortable, but I swear, I think it makes it worse. I can't do more then about 100 miles at once, without my butt really hurting. I am constantly having to shift in the saddle, stand-up at lights, etc... after about 75 miles into the ride. I really love the look of the seat, but I have got to find something more comfortable. I don't want to use my Corbin 2-up all the time. I only like to use it for my extended rides of 250+ miles a day. Any suggestions on seats? I have looked at C&C, Corbin, LePera, & Mustang. All the seats look the same when it comes to the solo's, with the exception of the Mustangs. I REALLY hate the "Pillow-Top" look with the large buttons. I love the look of the Bare Bones, but I just wish it was more comfortable. Maybe I should try a seat without the gel insert. II have never sat on a C&C, any good? Suggestions?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Send your LaPera to Mean City Cycles for a memory foam rework for $40.
http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Drew

Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried one with memory foam Drew? What's your thoughts? I checked out that site, and memory foam is $100. The $45 package is just a reshaping of the currently installed foam. Sounds like some sweet stuff though. Might go for one. I really wanna hear about C&C, if anyone has one. How far can you ride normally, before you start hurting?

Last edited by Night Stalker; 04-03-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get the regular le pera bro, most people that get the gel say its not worth the money because its hard

Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
trnman32
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lepara with gel

I have Gel in my lepara and I can ride all day on mine!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the reg Barebones and mine is good. It takes a little time in it to get your butt used to it. Great seat

Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on mean city cycles. They do good work

Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Traveling Man Seats
1st Gear
Default I went through that too!

Originally Posted by Night Stalker
I currently have a LePera Bare Bones with "Biker Gel". I thought that the gel would make the seat more comfortable, but I swear, I think it makes it worse. I can't do more then about 100 miles at once, without my butt really hurting. I am constantly having to shift in the saddle, stand-up at lights, etc... after about 75 miles into the ride. I really love the look of the seat, but I have got to find something more comfortable. I don't want to use my Corbin 2-up all the time. I only like to use it for my extended rides of 250+ miles a day. Any suggestions on seats? I have looked at C&C, Corbin, LePera, & Mustang. All the seats look the same when it comes to the solo's, with the exception of the Mustangs. I REALLY hate the "Pillow-Top" look with the large buttons. I love the look of the Bare Bones, but I just wish it was more comfortable. Maybe I should try a seat without the gel insert. II have never sat on a C&C, any good? Suggestions?
I tried all kinds of foams and gel pads. Gel pads freeze and they do not ventilate and I get sweaty. These new polished "Kingpin" seats allow me to ride all day long in comfort, no sweat. Thanks to the new "Tweezer Action" leaf spring assembly, the seat pan rides level. Check out tmcustomseats.com.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

im suprised i thought the gel would be good, i like the look of the bare bones too, but they dont look comfy,the guys that have em say they are however??
my badlander gives me a sore butt and i would like a sleek solo,it would be between the bare bones and c&c, the later looks more comfy for mine?

Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 AM
KUJOE
Cruiser

After a 100 miles sunday ride my butttttttttt and my tail bone is killing me..
Thanks Le Pera Bare Bones !!!

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Woes...