Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finaly pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I finaly pulled the trigger

I pulled the trigger on a ride wright 21 3.5 with a vee rubber 120 70 21 whitewall. I had called ride wright yesterday to make sure my dealer friend would order the correct wheel for my 05 deluxe. I do not know who i was talking to but we started talking about 21 inch tires. I mentioned the vee rubber and asked if they were any better his response was that they were very good now he said he had about forty in his last batch and only one bad one. I had my dealer friend order me a ride wright 21 3.5 chrome 50 spoke fat daddy with a 120 70 21 vee rubber white wall with a tube it will arrive balanced and ready to install. it will be at least a three week wait if not longer they are out of the v rubber tires right now. they are now getting $300.00 for the v rubber tire. complete wheel tube tire balance and shipping cost me $1035.00 to my door. not sure how good a price this is but its done all i have to do is wait now. in reality riding season here on the east coast is at least that far away and the fact that i can still ride while I am waiting makes it an easy wait. I will probably have to change my bars now to complete the look i want but it will defenetly not be apes any suggestions that you thing will compliment my look lEt me know i will Explor them and make a decision i will want to keep the necelle cover that i have installed now

Last edited by nikonf8; 04-02-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: add text
Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
I pulled the trigger on a ride wright 21 3.5 with a vee rubber 120 70 21 whitewall. I had called ride wright yesterday to make sure my dealer friend would order the correct wheel for my 05 deluxe. I do not know who i was talking to but we started talking about 21 inch tires. I mentioned the vee rubber and asked if they were any better his response was that they were very good now he said he had about forty in his last batch and only one bad one. I had my dealer friend order me a ride wright 21 3.5 chrome 50 spoke fat daddy with a 120 70 21 vee rubber white wall with a tube it will arrive balanced and ready to install. it will be at least a three week wait if not longer they are out of the v rubber tires right now. they are now getting $300.00 for the v rubber tire. complete wheel tube tire balance and shipping cost me $1035.00 to my door. not sure how good a price this is but its done all i have to do is wait now. in reality riding season here on the east coast is at least that far away and the fact that i can still ride while I am waiting makes it an easy wait. I will probably have to change my bars now to complete the look i want but it will defenetly not be apes any suggestions that you thing will compliment my look lEt me know i will Explor them and make a decision i will want to keep the necelle cover that i have installed now
I know what look your bike suggests to me, how would you define your look?

Bout the price, I think is a good deal, I got quoted a few bucks over 27 hundred back when I ordered my wheels, tires, rotors, pulley, balancing, mounting and tubes.

Mimo.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default look

Originally Posted by mimo
I know what look your bike suggests to me, how would you define your look?

Bout the price, I think is a good deal, I got quoted a few bucks over 27 hundred back when I ordered my wheels, tires, rotors, pulley, balancing, mounting and tubes.

Mimo.
i would think i was in the nostalgic look cat but when moving to the 21 i am taking a little bite from the custom cat hopefully i can keep a nice blend

Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

How bout these new "evil knuckles" from Carlini?

Or you can always play safe with Burly Brand beach bars, set the trend in the east coast...

Mimo.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default burly

i would like to check out the burly bars not sure what they look like need to see them

Old 04-02-2011, 10:36 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Those evil knuckles remind me of the shape in the ol' school BMX handlebars, I've seen some on v'twins and when you don't deviate from classic, you can get away with it in style... Yes, your bike is going in a slight different direction, and these bars from carlini suggest a BMX without the crossover bar, still pretty cool and different without falling into radical... my take on it...

Mimo.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Default bars

leaning beach bars but they have a few not sure i do not want to make a mistake got to get it right

Old 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

These are BMX from LA Choppers (fugly grip BTW), I wouldn't put these on your bike (now with the front wheel upgrade) just trying to picture what I said in my previous post:

Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by nikonf8
leaning beach bars but they have a few not sure i do not want to make a mistake got to get it right
Beach bars... 1st choice Burly Brand, 2nd choice Harley Davidson's. I'd go for Burly brand regarding looks but I'm too tall to fix 'em in the correct angle (they hit my knees when cornering, I'm 6'3") Harleys are a little less curved and it's chrome quality is good too, they're 1.25" non-stepped at the clamping area so you have to get new risers too (yes, you can get away with bigger diameter risers even thou you have a nacelle, that is no problem). I had HD beachbars, I like them but I'm happier with the apes. If you want the beach bars I took off my ride they're yours for $0.0 We would just have to figure out how to get them your way. Oh and stay away from white bros. I had those too, their geometry was crappy at least 10 years ago it was.

Mimo.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you brutha, your scoots gonna look crazy sick!

Quick Reply: I finaly pulled the trigger