Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy Lo Black Accessory Source(s)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Good point Jim. I forgot about the spray paint option. I did that on my fat bob on the battery band cover and fuse cover. It came out pretty decent for a first attempt. Of course I totaled the bike a month later, 2 days after getting the wheels back from powder coating
Damn bro! Were you hurt?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really. I wrecked doing about 60 and flew across a ditch but all i got out of it was a banged up knee which is almost back to normal, some skin off my nose, a little road rash on my back, and a chance to get the Lo i've been lusting after for the last few months. Thank God my helmet was a DOT helmet

Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
mikepett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
i might have missed it.. but could you give your definition of "Accessory"? like what kinds of things are you looking at? maybe some of us have links to things you might want..
two places i check out for black parts or do-dads are:
www.motorcycle-superstore.com
www.jpcycles.com

as for a license plate..there's a few around..
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...ductId=p497365

idk how that one works.. but its listed.. though if you have a few hours free, you can look through the painting forums and get some good tips on painting chrome.. then rather than paying for powder coat, you can spend $6 on a can of Krylon Gloss Black or whatever and make your own..ya know? It's just an option
That's genius! Definitely a viable option for some smaller parts.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Not really. I wrecked doing about 60 and flew across a ditch but all i got out of it was a banged up knee which is almost back to normal, some skin off my nose, a little road rash on my back, and a chance to get the Lo i've been lusting after for the last few months. Thank God my helmet was a DOT helmet
Well I'm glad it worked out for ya on the Lo. Glad ya had that helmet on also.

sorry for the temp hyjack mike.
Mike I don't know what kind of mods your looking at doing, but I could probably tell you where or how to get just about any black part on your lo. But I promise you it's not all at one site and that would be boring and original anyway wouldn't it? If I can help in anyway, hit me up. Later bro.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

So far I have been able to black out the items I wanted black with paint. Testors model enamel for the smaller parts and rattle can for the bigger ones.

I did all the screw heads on the rear fender struts and the area around the head light. I then purchased a headlight trim ring at a swap meet for $5 and prayed it with an adhesion promoter and then flat black rattle can. I also used the model paint on the seat and fender bib hardware to black it out. Finally I liked the LED license plate holder and painted it so it was black also. Got a few more items to paint, but gotta wait for warmer weather.

Here is a shot that shows most of these mods...

You can also see some in my signature pic.