Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley davidson tattoos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harley davidson tattoos

anyone got one? im thinking of getting a traditional orange/black bar and shield with some type of flame job

Old 10-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: harley davidson tattoos

ORIGINAL: bloomquist0

anyone got one? im thinking of getting a traditional orange/black bar and shield with some type of flame job
Sounds good at first but...even though I'm proud to have the names Harley and Davidson on my bike,I wouldn't want anyone else's name on my body...not even a girl's name.--It'll probably look good on ya,but wouldn't be my choice.

I'd get a V-Twin engine tat before the bar & shield

Old 10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not mine but thought it was cool.
Harley bar and shield that says USMC, Semper Fi.

S/F

Old 10-17-2006, 11:50 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be getting one......may just be a black bar and shield as a cover up to some crap I already have from being a stoned idiot 19 year old

Old 10-18-2006, 01:21 AM
IRready
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HDWG

I will be getting one......may just be a black bar and shield as a cover up to some crap I already have from being a stoned idiot 19 year old
EXACTLY!!
Now avoid saying the same thing being a idiot at 25, 30, or 40..........
What you THINK is cool now will suck later. DONT do it.[:@]
THINK before you INK.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:44 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

yea i think there will be a whole crop of woman who have tats that will be sorry down the road it was the in thing to do in the last 10 years or so. I got my first tat at the age of 13 had to go to rhode island they were not available in connecticut . when i got to RI with the older guys i went with the tat artist did not want to do one on me but the guys i went with persuaded him to do it. At this point in my life i wish i had never had one done. to make things worst the old inks faded and mine now look bad .If i had it to do all over again i would not.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:18 AM
IRready
Road Master

nikonf8,
I think most would agree with you, although few will admit it. I am among the few that will. I had one at 14 years old and regret having it done. Funny how we are different now. Imagine we will be differnet 10 years freom now as well......... THINK before you INK!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get them to be cool or becuase someone else has one... then you will most likely regret it.

If you get it for yourself and it has meaning to you, I don't believe you can ever regret it. Well, unless you get it on your face/neck/knuckles and lose opportunities because of it.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain

Funny you are thinking about getting that tatoo. I have been thinking about getting the bar and shield also. As a matter of fact, I went to the Old School Western Smokeout in Cottonwood, AZ. last weekend and there was a bunch of tat artists there. I was going to get it then, but they were either busy or I was running around and didn't do it.

I can't belive all the guys here saying don't do it!!!!! Whats up with that??? Bunch of ******??? Most of the HD riders I run with have got loads of cool tats and I don't hear them whining about wishing they didn't have them.

I got a wolf on my arm in Lake Geneva, WI, when I was 17 and just joined the Navy and then I got a beautiful eagle with U.S. Navy under it by a drunk biker in Fremantle, Austrailia on the other arm. I love em both and have never regretted it. Women love them too!!!! I want a HD tat of some sort and will be getting it soon!!!

I say right on go for it!!!! Rick

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have plenty. Each has a story behind it and was done for a reason. I don't regret them. The first one I got was an Eagle on my arm when I was 15. Yeah, it has faded over the years, but then so have I. The last one I got is in rememberance of someone that I want to remember every day. It comforts me. None of them are there for anyone's benefit but my own and I never got one because it was the popular thing to do. I don't have any chinese writing cause I aint chinese. No tribal stuff, cause I aint from the islands. I just have things that mean something to me. I am not saying I will get another one, but I am not saying that there won't be another event in my life that I won't get inked because of, either.

Quick Reply: harley davidson tattoos