Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loving the crossbones!!!!!! And a Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
coming from a guy with fringe all over his bike....nice
+1
twofish

Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

The dude with the heritage with the girly fringe on it, doesn't know what he is talking about... The heritage is a good bike and may be just right for him, but It doesn't have the cool factor the bones has...

The bones is great and I have had more people come up an comment on this bike than any other I have owned.

It rides sweet.

I lowered mine 2 inches because I have the tractor seat. I had a lepera on it which made me even lower but it felt to low, if that is possible....

Ride it for a while before you spend a ton of money on it.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:37 PM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
U bought one of the bones... voted in here a while back one of the ugliest HD's sold....

Oh well enjoy it ....
Dude, Give the guy a break! He likes his ride and it does not have dust mops on it like yours..... You should think before you post and just go with it. To each there own and so on. I would take his ride over yours anyway so grow a set and relax!!! No need to slam someone for liking there ride, that is untill you did!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
U bought one of the bones... voted in here a while back one of the ugliest HD's sold....

Oh well enjoy it ....
I think this douche bag has a secret affinity for the Bones and hides it under a blanket of hostility...like pulling pigtails on a little girl that you liked when in grade school. He seems to go out of his way to post negative comments of the Bones on threads.

I can guarantee you that you can pull up on your Bones next to a Heritage any day and you are more likely to garner the majority of positive attention. I know this from experience as a buddy of mine that I ride with rolls on a 2010 Heritage. For all the chrome studs and dangly bits on his ride, it get no where near the love that my scoot gets. I have nothing against the Heritage myself and I think people should freaking ride what they like and not have to listen to @$$holes like this who think that know something that everyone else is missing...as if his opinion is absolute truth.

Anyway. Not that any of that helps you with your lowering question. D**k heads like that just tend to set me off.

I agree with a number of comments that you should ride it for a while before you get into serious modding. Not so much because your opinion may change about what you want to do but more so about how you want to do it. As you become more familiar with your ride AND get exposed to all the different products and ideas, you may come to find out that you want to take a different approach that suits you better in a number of areas.

Just my two cents anyway.

Congrats on the Bones. Be proud that you own one of the coolest and most original H-D's in their current line-up.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:04 PM
mdm1984
Stage III

Thanks for all the welcome and advice guys. I've rode this bike and it is due for the 1000 mile service as I type. So I might wait and look around some more since I havent bought anything yet. Oh and haters are gonna hate, because they want what they can't have. I'll get some pics up when the weather gets nice.
-matt

Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
ak47dennis
Cruiser

Soooo True

Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oct1949 you sure like stirring up a bees hive don't you? Then sit back and watch everyone attack anything that moves.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 PM
snook592
Club Member

congrats on the new scooter.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
dazc76
Cruiser

LMAO!!!!! I drove my truck through a car wash today that looked like that.

Nice pick on bikes enjoy!!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dazc76, post a close up of your tank please

Quick Reply: Loving the crossbones!!!!!! And a Question